Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok i know this damn question has been asked by every newb on the forum; however i'm gonna ask it again, i need help swapping a SR20DET into my 98 Sentra. I have the SR20DET in my garage, but i was unfortunatly stupid and didnt do my homework. Now i cant put the tranny i got from Japan but from a few of the forms i've seen i can use it due to it was set up for AWD. So from what i've read i need a SE-R tranny and some new cables. I do have the ECU, and a un-cut wiring harness. Now i want to make sure when i put the motor in and plug up all the wires that the i wont have issues with guages. Oh i also got new mounts to install. I'd like to just make sure the motor will fit right in with out any modifcation, just use the mounts i purchased for the SR20 and drop the motor put in the SE-R tranny, new cables, lub it up and connect all the wires. also do i need to change anything out of the cooling system (radiator, lines etc..) Details do help. I pretty much have the entire front clip (just missing fenders a head light and hood.). I really want to get this motor in but i'm a do it yourself kinda guy. If i'm mistaken in my assumptions please assist me. I honestly dont care for the critizism, but i have the feeling there are the few of you that are pist that everyone ask this stupid question all i want is help not to be a stupid newbie and ask a question for no work or for a stupid ricer dream. I have the motor, tranny, ecu, and wiring harness in hand just need assistance in getting it in. Please let me know.

Thanks all,

Alex

·
Have I Hit 12's Yet?
5,325 Posts
for a complete list of stuff you'll need for the swap, look in the SR20 forum here on nissanforums.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts