Nissan Forum banner

Need Help

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  I'm tired of my usernamee 
Neva2wicked said:
I've been thinking about getting my rims powdercoated. Right now, well for a while actually, I've been thinking of having them done in gold (don't know if its really gold but I see them on alot of WRXs). The local paintshop quoted me at $40-$70 a rim depending on how much prep they have to do but my main issue is this:

I'd need something to compliment that color. A few people have suggested that I get stickers or graphics put on my car, and I've given it very little consideration (instead of the usual 'HELL NO"). The only other alternative is to get my interior to match, but as far as colors go for sport seats (like Momo), I've only seen black/yellow- which would throw things off. Right now I am at a loss on how to go about this: leave the rims as is and just get my interior done in black/carbon-fiber (or some other color), or what. :(

A person or two have said that gold rims on a black 14 would be ugly as sin, but several others think it would look hot. (never actually seen one with gold rims, but a photoshop would be nice).

I need some suggestions so I can either figure out how to go about this, or just dismiss the idea. Thanks
First off what color is your car? Bronze wheels can compliment many colors.............black, red, yellow, blue. And IMO that quote sounds about right. Also i think duplicolor has a bronze wheel paint and it probably looks quite good. Also some people (cough 1.6pete cough) have a weird sexual fetish with bronze wheels, ask his opinion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.