Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 nissan titan I replaced radiator,thermostat,water pump, belt,intake manifold gasket,hoses, coolant resivor cap, radiator cap. And it still overheats. Oil doesn't show to be milky

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
6,874 Posts
I have a 2012 nissan titan I replaced radiator,thermostat,water pump, belt,intake manifold gasket,hoses, coolant resivor cap, radiator cap. And it still overheats. Oil doesn't show to be milky
I assume you've had this overheating problem before you did the mass replacement of said components. We try to tell folks to perform diagnostic testing first instead of just throwing replacement parts at the problem.

The engine could have a blown head gasket. Also there may be several air pockets in the coolant system.

Here's some diagnostic testing:
  • - Perform a compression test on all cylinders. Standard - 220 psi, minimum - 192 psi, Differential limit between cylinders - 14 psi.
  • - Perform a leakdown test. A leak down or "cylinder leakage" test is similar to a compression test in that it tells you how well your engine's cylinders are sealing. But instead of measuring pressure, it measures pressure loss. As you're testing each cylinder, if you notice a lot of air bubbles appearing in the radiator fill neck, there's your breach.
  • - Use a tool as shown in the picture below to check for leaks:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts