Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ill be honest i am 19 years old and still learning to work on cars. I recently purchased a 1990 240sx and cant find hood hinges with bolts, dash,bezel instrument ( i believe thats what its called), both head lights with the whole assembly, power steering, center console and both doors with the bolts. Please help me. Id appreciate it. Email me is the best way to get a hold of me. Also just any bolts for the bumpers, seats and fenders. Oh and floor pan to restore the driver side of the car. Original owner let her rot pretty bad. :':)crying::eek::|:crying:

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
9,440 Posts
You don't mention what you need as far as "power steering." Most of the power steering system should be available on the aftermarket, like the pump, rack & pinion and hoses. Try Rockauto.com.

Most of the rest you are going to have to get from a salvage yard. Floor pans will have to be fabricated or cut out of another 240SX and welded in. Hood hinges are still available from Nissan as are most of the bolts (Try: NissanPartsDeal.com); you can use metric hardware from the local Lowe's or Home Depot, but you need to make sure they are the correct hardness, especially when dealing with seat bolts and doors! Fenders are available from Nissan, but they are close to $300 each, so you'll want to try and find some used ones. Doors, instrument bezel, whole head light assemblies, and center consoles are all discontinued by Nissan and need to be located at a salvage yard (Try: Car-part.com or Ebay). If the rot is severe, you should really consider whether the car is worth the cost and time that it's going to take to get her fixed-up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For power steering im not sure what it will take to build the power steering from scratch to install it in the car. Also thanks for the links and advice. The rot in the car isnt to bad its just the driver side floor and up by the pedals is rotted to shit. So it seems worth it beside a couple rust hole that are like a inch wide and thick here and there.

·
9,440 Posts
Pump and brackets, all of the hoses and metal lines, belt, fluid, rack and pinion, fluid reservoir, plastic brackets that hold the lines to the chassis... There was probably a load switch on the high side line, used by the ECM to determine when the power steering was putting a load on the engine so it could compensate by adjusting the idle, but you could probably do without hooking that up.

https://www.nissanpartsdeal.com/parts-list/1990-nissan-240sx/power-steering-piping.html?Diagram=497_B01

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right on man. Thank god there is good people out there. Also i found a floor pan for a altima. Do you think it would work for the 240?

·
9,440 Posts
Right on man. Thank god there is good people out there. Also i found a floor pan for a altima. Do you think it would work for the 240?
I wouldn't think so. Altima is a front wheel drive sedan and a 240SX is a rear wheel drive sports car. Apples and oranges...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts