Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi I'm actually new here. I'm actually coming from nissancustoms.com but since that site is no longer up (anyone know what happened?), I have to turn to an alternative site to get help with my truck. So ok now with the problem. I have an alpine CDA-9857 deck in my truck and all of a sudden the display of the unit just shuts off and stops working. Nothing is lit up or anything but the funny thing is that it is still able to play cd's. However I can't control the volume, listen to the radio, or adjust other audio settings without the deck on. I tried replacing the fuse (driver's side bottom left by the steering wheel correct?) and that didn't work. Anyone know what other problems might be that is causing this? Bad ground wire maybe? Damage to the unit? Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thanx!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Does it have a removable face? Likely cause is that the connections are dirty. Try cleaning them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How old is the deck? This sounds fatal.

I've had the deck for a little over five years now. I bought it close to when it was first released which was in early '04 I believe. Anyways cleaning the contacts did not fix the problem. So i decided to open the faceplate up and check out the micro cpu. I found a lot of what appears to be corrosion around the area where the contacts are soldered down. I cleaned all that off, put the faceplate back together and tried to power it up again. Still not working. I think it got ruined from that. :(

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Correction. I only had the deck for 3 years. Feels like it has been a lot longer. Well if all else fails it is still under the 4-year service plan from best buy (yes still have the receipt) and I can get it replaced with a deck with about the same price I paid for.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts