Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just return from Nissan mechanic with no success whatsoever. They can't diagnose what's wrong with my car. The symptoms as follow:
Sometimes when I stop car at the traffic light or stop sign the engine losing its RPM and then shut off. When I put car in the parking and start the car again it starts with no problem and then when I try to drive it again, if I'm not pressing acceleration, the engine can shut off again and opposite when I press acceleration the car will go. It seems like not enough gas. Sometimes when I drive the car it start acting strangely. The RPM go low and the car losing its power and starts jerkin until the acceleration pedal pressed harder. I changed spark plugs, fuel filter, PCV valve, air filter, knock sensor and cleaned Throttle Body. The ECU is showing 0505 code which is normal. The car has 108K miles on it. If anyone of you guys have any idea were to look I'll appreciate your help.
Thanks in advance,
Len

·
Dame tu cola!
336 Posts
it sounds like ur idle speed is incorrect

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DRUNKHORSE said:
it sounds like ur idle speed is incorrect
Thanks Drunkhorse for pointing this out!
I was looking at the Haynes Manual how to check idle speed and it’s described to complicated. Even require connecting tachometer and disabling PCM. Do you have any simple approach to achieve the same?

Thanks,
Len

·
Registered
9 Posts
Len said:
Thanks Drunkhorse for pointing this out!
I was looking at the Haynes Manual how to check idle speed and it’s described to complicated. Even require connecting tachometer and disabling PCM. Do you have any simple approach to achieve the same?

Thanks,
Len
Have your intake manifold checked for leaks. If more air is entering the engine and is not being read by your air flow sensor, then your ecu is getting an inacurrate reading and therefore not injecting the proper amount of fuel for the amount of air comming in causing irraddic idling and eventually engine shutdown.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Another simple solution

my350z8 said:
Possibly a erratic operating idle air control valve.
Try running a quality fuel cleaner through the system and when its time to refuel get gas from some where else. Also Never get gas after the fuel trucks have just filled the pumps. All the sediments and garbage has just been unsettled and you pump it right into your car. It may be what happened and your car is saying it doesn't like it in more ways than one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i had the same problem with my 96 max. my RPMs would go below 500RPMs and die. Nissan told me it was the MAF and try to charge me $600. I just got one from a import junkyard that cost $60 and had no problems for over 1yr so i guess thats the problem :thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts