Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just starting out modding my 94 Altima GXE and I was checking out hotshots performance when I saw this intake system. However, it said it's avaliable for KA24 2.4L Altima, my question is, what is the KA24? If it's an engine type, mine's a DOHC. I want to know if that intake system will still fit on my car, thank you.

Here's a link to the list of cars that the intake fits on.

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
Yes KA24 is an engine type, more correctly its a KA24DE. That intake will fit your car. All of the Altima's from that generation had the KA24DE.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you

Thanx for the help, second question is the intake comes without a filter, would the stock filter still fit onto the new intake?

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
No, the stock one will not work. You must get a cone style filter. I have a K&N cone on my car and I like it.

·
Registered
702 Posts
well, once you get that pipe and the cone......you will love it, im not kidding and you will understand why your stock filter wont fit, it will all come together its a learning experience.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
K&N Website

I was checking out the K&N website and I was wondering, should I be buying the Fuel Injection Kit or the Air Charger Kit? Thank you in advance for all the help guys. I'm just getting into cars, it's a long road but it's been a really freakin fun process so far.

·
Registered
702 Posts
no, if your just going with intake...K&N makes a cone filter for our car but not an application for air intake kits for our cars....look into hotshot, injen or placeracing for best results. Fuel Injection kit is only for...well...fuel injection.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts