Nissan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I was feeling pretty good about myself cause I bought this new OBX huge air intake (ram intake I believe) for cheap, and was waiting for it in the mail so I could install it the minute it came to my door. It got here yesterday and yeah, I have NO clue how to install it.
That being said if anyone has installed one of these on their B14 Sentra (mine's a 96 GXE), or has any clue how to install one of these on their B14 Sentra, much help would be appreciated.
The more diagrams and pictures and descriptions the better in my book. If you need an ingredients list of what I got in the box, PM me and I'll send it to ya.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Try this link:
http://www.nissanperformancemag.com/january01/hs-cai.shtml

It might not be exactly what you got, but it should give you a general idea of what to do.
BTW I am not familiar with OBX intake and I am afraid it might be just some universal piping, so it might require some modifications to install properly. It would help if you could post some pics.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
picture

This is pretty much the intake I got, but I didn't get a few things on here because I'm assuming that the picture is of a set for a different car.

Anyhow I didn't receive:
the smaller filter (I only got one big one)
red or yellow tubing
red or blue rubber rings

I did get another small black piece though. Probably just from seeing the picture you'll get an idea of what I'm working with though.

·
Cone Dodger
3,093 Posts
obx intake??????

are you sure that is for a ga16, it kinda looks something like from a honda dx engine bay with the downdraft throttle body and the metal bracket to the strut and to the clamping of the air filter.......uh also, where is the MAF adapter????

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do think what I received was for the b14 because I did get a MAF adapter. So I'm figuring it is for my car but I just can't figure out how to install it. P'raps it's not for my car though I have no clue really.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I think I could help you out with the picture....they only reason why they gave you that picture because the long tubes are the different type of colors you could pick from. As for the other huge tube, same thing. You could see that you are supposed to get only one of each. Blue, yellow, red, or black.

The filter, well, why would you get two? You only could you one. I guess it's another option you could pick from. When I had a WAI they gave me more than need like the hosing and couplers. BTW, I had a weapon-R hyper intake before.

I hope this helps you out

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. However I'm still at a loss as to how to get this beast from the box into my car under the hood.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LIke nong said its not really that hard but tthe intake looks comepletely wrong the piping is supposed to like s- shaped almost and that one jus comepletely weird

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I tried experimenting trying to see where the big pipe would go...there are no places it can fit in my engine compartment. There's no way. I think I'm just gonna resell it for more than I paid (I got a good deal), and send the weird OBX intake and the free hat along with it away. Enough confusion and strangeness for me.

·
Nissan Freak
462 Posts
post pics of the parts you recieved layed out
maybe we can peice them together

·
Boost anyone?
1,625 Posts
He said the picture of the set was for a different car so of course the intake in the picture would not fit. I also have a 96 GXE. Okay well let me try to help you here. First off unbolt the MAF from the box. Take the top of the box and put it aside. There are 3 bolts inside the box holding it down, take those out as well. Now unscrew the screw near the throttle body. If my memory serves me right, it should come off. There tubes going into the intake that need to go on your OBX intake. The temp sensor that was originally in your air box should fit in a hole in your intake. The MAF goes between the intake and the MAF adaptor. I know im missing something but I dont know what.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The odd thing is that there are....3 (I think) tubes going into the existing intake, and only ONE hole going into the OBX. That's not gonna work. Yeah and there's no place for the temperature sensor either.

I'm not sure this is the right thing.

·
suckas gotta know
249 Posts
Installing the intake really isnt that difficult. What you want to do first is take off your stock air box. The unclamp your hoses. Install those hoses onto your new intake pipe so you know where to put them. Use the stock clamps to keep the tubes on or use zip ties. Take the stock pipe off your car. Now put your reducer onto the car end of the intake then install your pipe. This is where you are going to have trouble. I also only received one reducer. You have to go buy another one. Either a peformance shop or just go to the plumbing dept. at home depot. Once you find a reducer, connect it to your pipe and the other end to your maf. Now under where your stock box use to be there is some sort of metal bracket. Bend the bracket upward. The bracket has a hole on the end of it so you can use this as a brace for the intake. Now you need a mounting bracket of some sort. When you find a mounting bracket, screw one end into the a hole on the maf and the other end to the bracket that you bent upward. Now install your filter. Tighten everything up now. It should be in there fine and should not move if you indeed bounded the intake to that bracket.

·
Boost anyone?
1,625 Posts
OKay i know the chances of this are highly unlikely but call up OBX and tell them that you think they sent you the wrong intake. Tell them there is only 1 hole and you need 3 of them. They will say something like, are you sure it is for your car?? you say yes and they will feel stupid saying they have crappy products so you tell them you want your money back.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No, there really is only one hole. I think the "hole" thing is kind of a crap matter so I'm gonna call 'em up and complain. And it's strange cause I've never seen an intake that looks like this so I think the whole thing is just a rip. So much for that I'll just resell it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts