Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought my car used and with halo lights in the front and they dont work!!! can someone point me in the right direction???!!!

·
Registered
4,208 Posts
well you will need to do some measurements to help out with the problem solving.
Did they work ?
First check the headlight fuses
Is there a add on wiring loom with a pair of relays ?
Or have they been wired into the old wiring. Lift the hood and look where the headlight wiring come out the back.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Make sure you put all the wires in the right places. I had to cut 1 headlight plug and swap it out for a 9003? plug. Then there were grounds that I just attacted to a bolt on my frame. Ive also had to wire the Halos in with my turn signals. Every time i hit the brights, I blow my headlight fuse. I tryed moving up 10 amps, but it didnt solve anything.

Ill try to post pictures on how mine are wired up tomorrow. If i can find my cell phone cable for my computer.

·
Registered
4,208 Posts
The headlights are wired and fused for one lamp, so you cant run the two halos off one headlamp wire which is fused for 7.5 amps. Two H lamps = 10 amps hot and more when cold
The Halos I have came with a harness that has relays that get power direct from the battery, so no original car wring or switch voltage drops.
I used an old bulb base and added connectors to get the signal for the relays. I read this here and thought it was a good idea.

·
Registered
86 Posts
i had the same problem with only one light and there is a wire (as stiff as a paper clip) in there that has to be touching the bulb or something, you can bend it and make it touch it will work like new...just turn on your lights, take off the black cap on the back of the headlight, and just start touching things together someting will happen...thats what i did and i figured it out...and im pretty dumb so if i can do it so can you lol

·
Registered
4,208 Posts
this guy posted one post and hasn't replied, I think he is AWOL :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts