Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone

I have a 1994 sentra E.The car is pretty much basic(no cruise,etc).
The problem that i am having is ,whenever i step on the brakes,the rear brake lights come on,but parking side lamps in front turn on along with them.What could be causing this? Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
RE: NEED HELP WITH ELECTRICAL PROBLEM

brake fluid level is fine.there must be something else that's doing it

·
freakish poster
1,236 Posts
Sounds like a classic bad ground to me. Right now I'm wiring in a factory spoiler (rice?? lol...) to my XE and there is only a skinny ass single ground wire (black) that runs ALL the lights in the rear.

·
Lifes a garden, Dig it!
321 Posts
Now, I just started dealing with Nissans last year, so don't think this is a "stupid" or "smartass" question, but how the heck does the brake fluid affect brake lights. Where is the relation between the level of fluid and the park lights coming on? Just curious.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Low brake fluid will cause your brake light in your dash to come on. I figured it might help with at least one of your problems. That and I was tired when I answered so I don't think I really understood your question
Sorry
Josh

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
Does this happen when your lights are on, off or both? The thing that doesn't make sense, is that your brake lights and your side markers aren't even part of the same circuit. Granted, your side markers and running lights come on as part of the same circuit, but your brake lights are on a seperate circuit that the running lights aren't on. I'm assuming this only happens when your lights are off, since your side markers would be on all the time when your lights are on. You're just going to have to troubleshoot the wiring for those front side markers. Has anyone ever done any lighting or electrical mods to the car? An alarm/keyless entry perhaps? Too bad you're not closer by, I'm more of a hands on person, I'd bet I could have it figured out rather quick if I could actually work on the car.

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
Holy Crap. I have this problem too. Step on the brake and all the marker lights come on. My cyclops is missing and I've been wondering if it has anything to do with it. I need to get this fixed because for some reason this also affects how bright the brake lights are when the lights are already on. You can barely tell the brakes are on if you're behind me....

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
Fixed this problem yesterday. Found someone had wedged a single filament bulb into the right brake lamp holder. It was shorting the brake and parking lamps together so when voltage was applied to the brake circuit it was routed to the marker circuit as well. Some dummy really had to force the bulb in since they're keyed. Had to break the bulb away from it's metal base and then crush the base until I could yank it from the socket.... Ugh!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts