Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking for a 240sx right now, and i want to swap the engine to ca18det on it, and i wonder in what year it will fit ezily on 240sx...

i read that the engine originaly was from 89-90 240sx (silvia k) but will it fit in like 91-93 240sx...

thanks

·
I should be azRS13...
1,021 Posts
It will fit all 240sx's 89 - 94. But the 91-94 240sx will be a perfect match. The reason is cause the 91-94s came with a DOHC engine instead of the SOHC so every thing will be in the places it was supposed to. For example the PS pump and PS resivior will be on the drivers side unlike the 89-90 which is on the passenger side. So since the CA is a DOHC engine, you can use parts from the KA to fit the CA stuff... you can use the the existing PS pump, PS line, PS resivior, AC pump and AC lines without mods. Wiring will be easy cause you can mount everthing in the stock location... and you dont have to use the JDM cluster you can just use the one that came in the 240sx... the 89-90 240sx requires modification to the gauge cluster or even using the JDM cluster, bending PS lines (sometimes even new/used DOHC PS lines if you mess up), and alot of moving parts over... hope this helps.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks this really helps... i see that you have 1990 240sx with ca18det on it... was it hard to put it in, and where did u find all the parts to put the engine in?

·
I should be azRS13...
1,021 Posts
If you get a front clip... You will have pretty much everything you will need... Parts that you may need can be found at NAPA, Checkers, Autozone, blah blah blah... Just ask for the 89 pulsar NX parts cause that came with a CA18De... And as for aftermarket parts... Some of the stuff are easy to obtain. Some you will have to look for or even fabricate. Some of the parts are interchangable between KA and CA for example the clutch.

·
I should be azRS13...
1,021 Posts
1st.... Check if the company is in the US.... No point in being screwed from a shady asian company that just stole your money (hint-FLASHOPTIONS-hint)
2nd... Do some research on the company... See if their products are good how their feed back is....

Hell just post up where you found that deal... $1500 is a really good deal... I got mine for $1800 last year... just make sure its a good clip...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts