Nissan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a pacesetter header for my 1990 2.4L 240sx
Is this a hard process to put this in?
Has anyone put a header in there car by themselves?
:dumbass:

Somone told me it was completly rediculous and i have to get all new exaust.
someone told me its gonna be really hard, and i have to take several things out of my engine.

please help
my email is [email protected]

·
Registered
66 Posts
to get it off, I reccomend a good set of tools and a lot of penetrating lubricant. I suggest PB blaster. it tends to work well. might need to remove intake and jack up a corner of the car, etc, etc. A full exhaust is suggested, but not necessary. If the installation info given by the header manufacturer calls for an adapter, you might need to get one custom fabbed at a muffler shop or perhaps buy one, but most were designed to meet up to the stock piping with minor or no modification.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm not sure why you would need to remove the intake to do this. I do recommend the penetrating oil though. Everything should match up with the existing exhaust whether you have a short or long tube header. If it is a short header, I believe the pacesetter is, you are going to want to remove the lower flange bolts first otherwise the factory manifold will move around and it makes it a little frustrating. If your header didn't come with a copper or aluminum gasket I would recommend one before you put it on so you are sure not to have any leaks and you'll never have to buy one again when you swap the factory manifold on for smog(if you have to smog in your state).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.