Nissan Forum banner

Need help to get rid of radio wine!!

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  b_dyche 
#1 ·
Hello guys! I need need to get rid of some radio wine from my system. I put in a new head unit and amps.

Now the question is... How have any of you properly grounded the head unit from the chassis of the car? The place where the head unit fits into it's place is all metal and goes down to the floor pan of the car. What is the best way of grounding the head unit? I ran a ground wire from the reciever to the amp/s and I still have the wine. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

#2 ·
ground wire from the receiver to the amp? I always ground them seperately. I have the amp grounded to the chasis underneath the carpeting of the trunk, and I don't have any engine noise.

#4 ·
If that doesn't work, they sell noise insulators that you can wire in to solve this problem, as well as RCA noise reducers that you can put near your amps, inline with your RCA's coming from your HU. I used the OEM ground wire for my HU and never had a problem.

G
#7 ·
It could be coming from your alternator... it was in my 'rolla. My battery was dieing when I installed my amps & h/u... so the alternator was working extra hard. Needless to say I purchased a fancy schmancy optima for my old car... maybe I'll transfer it into my Sentra...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.