Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have ordered a new key ignition cylinder and I am going to replace it this weekend. Does anyone have advice with instructions on removal and install on this key ignition cylinder. Please let me know if there is instructions somewhere on the forums. Thanks Mark

·
Will work for beer
2,696 Posts
It's not too hard. be sure to get the two new screws that hold it on though. I think you have to drill them out, as the heads snap off when you get to proper torque to prevent people from just unscrewing it..

·
Registered
89 Posts
Matt93SE said:
It's not too hard. be sure to get the two new screws that hold it on though. I think you have to drill them out, as the heads snap off when you get to proper torque to prevent people from just unscrewing it..
The screws come with the new cylinder, the heads snap off with proper torque, all you need is a ' lil patience. Use a punch and a hammer to tap the old ones out. its a sure thing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank-you for information

The dealer told me to take off the bottom cover under steering wheel to access the key cylinder. Use a drill to tap out the rivets. The new part will come with screws. This was all the information the dealer gave me.

:thumbup: Thank-you for the info, I will do it this weekend.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ALL DONE!!

Well the key ignition went on just fine without any problems. I just wanted to say Thank-you to MATT & BADBOY for some advice. My next project is replacing valve and intake gaskets, this will be a weekend job. I discovered with 123,000 miles gaskets are starting to leak. (Fun For Me) Anyway Thanks Mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts