Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car wont idle at all....and its burning a lot of gas like 5 miles per 1/4 tank.....change the plugs and checked the wires and thats all good...did a compression test and all were consistent cept number 3.....it was lower then the rest.....does someone have n idea what it may be...we think i might have bent a valve......oh and can someone tell me wat my numbers should read when i compression tested it??

·
Cone Dodger
3,093 Posts
hey, red and white, me too, anyway, is there weird smoke out the tailpipe?? CEL on?? rough idle, or no idle at all??
no idle, could be the obvious iac.......
and also, i'd recommend a cylinder leak-down test rather than a compression test, so you can pinpoint the exact location where you are losing pressure.........

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes i got all that going on wit the car....what u reffering to when u say iac??? not sure what that is....

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok but what is making the car burnso much gas if that may be the problem??? i mean i get maybe at most 15 mile per 1/4 tank..it burns that much gas...what wold make it do that??

·
Please Shift Here
6,696 Posts
leak in the fuel line? I didn't even know the injectors could pump that much fuel...

Also, check the MAF (mass air flow sensor). If you don't know, the MAF senses how much air is coming into the engine and it tells the computer how much fuel to use so that you will run with a good a/f ratio. If the MAF has gone bad, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised. I know for fact that an f*d up MAF will KILL your idle and that could be a reasonable explanation for your fuel loss.

You can get a MAF either from a Junk yard of from the classifieds section of this forum. I know that there are alot of engine parts for sale right now in the "for sale" section.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i know what the maf does ..... i am taking it too my local nissan dealer to run some test on it tomorrow.....hopefully i will get some answers....if not i am gettin a new motor

1 - 9 of 9 Posts