Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I need help on knowing the bad facts about Honda's civics and accords comparted to a Nissan brand car. My girlfriend is looking for a car and somehow she is hooked into honda civics and accords because of her sisters. So I need you guys help on facts that would steer her away from the Honda brand towards the Nissan brand. :thumbup:

Thanks!

·
Banned
1,530 Posts
As much as I'd LOVE to help you....Hondas are decent cars. Damn good gas milage, last a long time, not too many recalls(if any). Yes we'd love to have her get a nissan, but at least she isn't leaning towards a Kia!

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
they're not bad cars.....they're just not Nissans.

·
Destroyer of worlds.
874 Posts
-replacement honda parts are 20-30% more expensive than replacement nissan parts. (because hondas are made in japan, and nissans are made in the US)

-honda engines dont have automaticly adjusting valve lash. meaning simply, if you want your honduh engine to run smooth you have to manually readjust the valve lash every year or so.

-honda engines have no torque, which can be annoying on the highway.

--ehh tha-ts all i got for now, but those should be enough.

·
Whoa...
2,073 Posts
Tavel said:
-replacement honda parts are 20-30% more expensive than replacement nissan parts. (because hondas are made in japan, and nissans are made in the US)

-honda engines dont have automaticly adjusting valve lash. meaning simply, if you want your honduh engine to run smooth you have to manually readjust the valve lash every year or so.

-honda engines have no torque, which can be annoying on the highway.

--ehh tha-ts all i got for now, but those should be enough.
honda parts are cheaper then nissan parts, hondas are assembled in japan and nissans are assembled in usa(or mexico) but parts are more plentiful, ie cheaper

hondas have low torque, high HP... meaning less low end grunt, but plenty of power on the freeway...

not dissing nissan,. but get yur facts straight...

·
I miss good ol' OT
1,716 Posts
AznBoiBryant said:
Hi, I need help on knowing the bad facts about Honda's civics and accords comparted to a Nissan brand car. My girlfriend is looking for a car and somehow she is hooked into honda civics and accords because of her sisters. So I need you guys help on facts that would steer her away from the Honda brand towards the Nissan brand. :thumbup:

Thanks!
It's her car, let HER decide.

And its boy, not boi.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
damn.....id buy a civic! i want that old boxy style hatch. love those things!

if she wants to get a civic let her! i have no problem with the car at all (there just to expencive for me) the v-tec si are nice little pocket rockets. its the PEOPLE that drive the riced out civics i dont like :thumbdwn: thats all. can i ask if she is going to mod it? if not than even more props for the honda..............they run like tanks. my friend had a beater accord and no matter how hard we tried, we just couldnt kill it :( many a 5k rpm clutch drop on that bad boy lol, sounded like a cow that hal was raping and killing at the same time, but it got the job done. he got to school everyday, with no dash might i add :thumbup: (word of advice.......dont go above 100 in a beater accord, its not a good time lol)

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1.6pete said:
damn.....id buy a civic! i want that old boxy style hatch. love those things!

if she wants to get a civic let her! i have no problem with the car at all (there just to expencive for me) the v-tec si are nice little pocket rockets. its the PEOPLE that drive the riced out civics i dont like :thumbdwn: thats all. can i ask if she is going to mod it? if not than even more props for the honda..............they run like tanks. my friend had a beater accord and no matter how hard we tried, we just couldnt kill it :( many a 5k rpm clutch drop on that bad boy lol, sounded like a cow that hal was raping and killing at the same time, but it got the job done. he got to school everyday, with no dash might i add :thumbup: (word of advice.......dont go above 100 in a beater accord, its not a good time lol)
Well her plan was to buy the honda and make me mod it out of my own pocket. I was like... right and let it get stolen? because she parks outside and her neighborhood is extemely dark at night. I like the orginal idea of modding a nissan because you don't see those often around wichita. It's more like one civic at each intersection with some idiot who thinks that 50 decals on their car and a coffee can for an axle back exhaust gives 500hp .

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
ohhhh, that changes a bunch, if youre modding it with your cash, i think you should pick the car that you want to work on...........if she is not going to mod it or just use it as a daily beater then i would say get the honda.

in this case, find a classic se-r in good condition without rust and mod that.

·
Destroyer of worlds.
874 Posts
BlankgazeX said:
honda parts are cheaper then nissan parts, hondas are assembled in japan and nissans are assembled in usa(or mexico) but parts are more plentiful, ie cheaper

hondas have low torque, high HP... meaning less low end grunt, but plenty of power on the freeway...

uh...have you owned a honda?

my brother has an integra. why are his alternators 170 a pop and mine are 120 a pop? why are his injectors 110 and mine are 70? yep thats right, cus honda parts are more expensive!

when im driving my bros car on the freeway and floor it, how come nothing happens? but when im driving my car and floor it i get stuck to the back of my seat? yep thats right, cus they have no torque!

·
And justice for All!!!
575 Posts
BlankgazeX said:

What are you, lobbying for Honda now that you've got one

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
If you have the same resources you have with your Nissan for a Honda parts are almost a wash.. I've owned both an S2000 and a CRV and the maintenance costs were on par with my 200SX. Actually I had less overall probelms with the Honda's.

The items listed IMHO are NOT reasons to stay away from Honda, it is going to come down to what she wants and likes.

The real PRO to Honda products that cannot be ignored is their HIGH resale value...

·