Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I need to build a header for my ga16ds. the engine is stock equiped with a short 4-1 and it has a bad bad flow.

so please help me to do the decision to go 4-1 or 4-2-1 ?

·
Registered
47 Posts
4-2-1 power all throughout the band. 4-1 race style power in high rpms

·
Former SuperMod
745 Posts
p10driver said:
so please help me to do the decision to go 4-1 or 4-2-1 ? [/B]

Go with a 4-2-1 style, just as hotboy expressed in the previous post. If I'm not mistaken, most of the available companies that produce a header for the GA-motor make them 4-2-1. Didn't want to pay the arm-n-leg for HotShot just to gain the extra one or two HP and ft/lbs. But, that is your decision.

BTW, I take it from your profile and your car you are from Europe. You may be able to pick up a decent header over there instead of ordering one from the States.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am not able to pick any header for the ga16 over here so I have to weld my own. I was thinking about to copy the HS or try to build up racey 4-1 but I don't know how much more peek power can I earn from it. My car pulls good from 3600-5500. The engine is redlined at 6600 and the limiter kicks in beside 7000. The engine runs with a CAI and is ported but reving it beside 6000 is still a wase af time. I think that the header and the stock exhaust are limiting it at high revs. But I think I will buld a 4-2-1 becouse it's easier to do it and I don't want a honda powerbad :D

Thanx for your help!

·
Nissan Freak
462 Posts
p10driver said:
I am not able to pick any header for the ga16 over here so I have to weld my own. I was thinking about to copy the HS or try to build up racey 4-1 but I don't know how much more peek power can I earn from it. My car pulls good from 3600-5500. The engine is redlined at 6600 and the limiter kicks in beside 7000. The engine runs with a CAI and is ported but reving it beside 6000 is still a wase af time. I think that the header and the stock exhaust are limiting it at high revs. But I think I will buld a 4-2-1 becouse it's easier to do it and I don't want a honda powerbad :D

Thanx for your help!
yeah gettin the exhaust manifold or header which ever you want to call will make your car pull stronger and a bit higher
but it still runs out of breath after 6200...needs cams

·
Former SuperMod
745 Posts
XtremE said:

yeah gettin the exhaust manifold or header which ever you want to call will make your car pull stronger and a bit higher
but it still runs out of breath after 6200...needs cams

U are exactly right.... the power of the cams plummet after about 6k. That is definitely the route to go (w/ an ECU to boot) if someone is looking for big gains out of the GA-motor.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh yes cams were good but there are no avaible for the DS the next step after manyfold&exhaust is a custom ignition (2 or maybe 4 coils no distributor) and then some webers are needed ;)

·
Dan the car meet man
404 Posts
p10driver said:
Ok I need to build a header for my ga16ds. the engine is stock equiped with a short 4-1 and it has a bad bad flow.

so please help me to do the decision to go 4-1 or 4-2-1 ?
I know that bob legere made a custom header. Take a look at Mather Motorsports Custom Header Pics and see how they made their custom header. You can also read up about the header Here. I think I read something on there site that said they may try to reproduce the header for selling so I'd recommend emailing Robert Legere.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts