Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Question, my 82 Sentra E15s came with the 52A head stock, I am looking to get a new complete head but no where offers the 52a just 31m and 33m, maybe some others. So if I cant find a 52a, which out of all the head castings out there would be best to put on a semi-stock e15s motor. Semi-stock means I did some performance upgrades like port/polish intake and exhaust manifolds, better ignition, intake, exhaust. Also, I am thinking that the previous owner(s) mismatched parts in the motor. If I use a 33m head, which crank and piston numbers should be used with it? I have seen other post where people had problems because of mismatched cranks and pistons.

for example this post: http://www.nissanexa.com/showthread.php?54675-E16S-N-A-build

·
Registered
25 Posts
You can use the 33m head without changing the crank, rods or pistons but if you use a 33m head it will lower your compression ratio a bit. The 33m has about a 6cc bigger combustion chamber. You cant repair/rebuild the 52A? If you take a look at the thread you linked you will see I just updated it and the engine is working fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts