Nissan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2020 Nissan Rogue SV. I changed the oil on Jan 15 2022, with Castrol Edge 0W-20. Soon I discover a valve cover gasket leak which I took to the dealership, they put a certain UV dye in there, and confirm the leak, they had to fix it, it was their fault probably to overfill my engine oil two times in a row.

Anyway, my engine oil looks bit of red, I do not if this is due to the dye or the Engine oil itself. When I first put the engine oil in there, it was clear in color, only few thousand miles later, it begins to turn red.
Please take a look and let me know.
Footwear Shoe White Light Leg
Hand Rectangle Wood Sleeve Textile

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
If your camera is giving true color, that looks pretty normal. Slightly-reddish brown isn't unusual. UV dye is generally greenish and I doubt that's what you're seeing.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sleeve Wood Linens Collar Pattern
Wood Sleeve Cuisine Dish Ingredient
If your camera is giving true color, that looks pretty normal. Slightly-reddish brown isn't unusual. UV dye is generally greenish and I doubt that's what you're seeing.
Thanks for the reply. But let me show you a bit more photos early in the morning comparing with my Toyota’s brand new engine oil.
Wood Sleeve Cuisine Dish Ingredient
Blue Road surface Automotive tire Asphalt Flooring
Finger Ingredient Wood Recipe Nail

·
Admin and Sup Mod keeping the peace
8,262 Posts
It counld just be traces of the dye. Excessive over-filling of the engine oil is certainly not a good thing; continuous excessive overfilling will produce foaming of the engine oil during operation which can affect the oil pressure; also eventually compromise the crankshaft seals producing leaks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It counld just be traces of the dye. Excessive over-filling of the engine oil is certainly not a good thing; continuous excessive overfilling will produce foaming of the engine oil during operation which can affect the oil pressure; also eventually compromise the crankshaft seals producing leaks.
That is a possibility. You never know if the Dealership put in some cheap UV dye that turns the engine color red. Or this could be the nature of Castrol Edge engine oil after normal heating cycle.
but Anyway .... I am going to put in new engine oil Mobile 1 0W20 soon... Even though the cars drives fine without any problems, I am going to replace the oil just be on the safe side.

Thanks for the information, and have a nice day !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts