Nissan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
You will need a small turbocharger to accomplish what you want. A T3 turbo won't spool up until over 3000rpm on your engine. A t25 is more suitable since it will spool up closer to 2500rpm.

The turbo bearings need an oil supply. This is taken from the place where the oil pressure sending unit is attached. You will need an adaptor so that you can run both the oil feed line and the pressure sensor. The line should be a braided steel line to protect it.

If the turbo has a water-cooled center section, it needs to be plumbed into the car's cooling system. You can tap into the heater hoses.

Without an intercooler, you shouldn't try for more than 4-5psi boost because hot air out of the turbocharger makes the engine much more prone to detonation.

If you are going to use the stock injectors, you may have to limit the boost to less than 4psi, because the injectors may not be able to supply enough fuel above that. When that happens, the air-fuel ratio goes lean and the engine will detonate.

You must have some spark advance management with a turbocharger. The stock ECU will advance the spark too much, and the engine will detonate.

Lew

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
clayton_2020 said:
Ishadoff what do you mean I'm going to need spark advancment are you talking about upgrading rotor cap plug+wires? ?
The ECU will not know you have turbocharged the engine, and the timing will be too advanced when the boost comes on. This will cause detonation. You will need some way to retard the ignition timing when boost comes on.

Lew

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
clayton_2020 said:
It's funny that you said that I was looking at the F-Max kit http://www.turbo-kits.com/altima_turbo_kits.html and the Turbonetics http://www.turbo-kits.com/turbonetics_turbo_kits_systems.html
on the F-Max stage one the only thing I see in the kit having to do with fuel managment is the 370cc Nissan injectors,no FPR,pump or anything.If I'm understanding correctly there running 8lbs boost +100WHP with pretty much just nissan 370cc injectors no ECU for fuel managment,I would at least put a vortech FMU 12:1.If that won't work I'm going to check into the turbonetics MSD Boast Timing Manager with there MF2 ERL 3D Map Injector Controller and of course the 440cc lucas injectors thats the only thing turbonetics did to there fuel managment and works well with 8psi.I shouldn't need the IC with the smaller turbo I got and should be able to make do with my maf,what do you think
It's your car, do as you please. If you want to run turbo with the stock engine management, go for it.

Lew

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.