Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Working on Water pump on 99 Sentra. Seems everything that could go wrong has gone wrong on this project. I need to find OEM part number for the bolt that holds two "crossbars" of the drive pulley adjuster bracket together. NOTE: "adjuster bracket" is my own name for the part. It is the bracket that the adjuster (or tensioner?) for the drive pulley connects to. The bolt I need is in the middle area directly below the water pump pulley. I believe it is about 4 inches long. I haven't been able to find a name for it, let alone a part number. It's gone missing and I need it to put the car back together. it is either a 12mm or 14mm. ANY help finding the name or part number of this bolt is very much appreciated.

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
9,440 Posts
I think it's going to go wrong a little more, because if it's the bolt I think you need, Nissan P/N 21012-77A01, it's been discontinued and not available from Nissan. Refer to the part diagram link below. If you look at "View A" on the left side, I believe bolt "B," which is 21012-77A01, is the one you are looking for. If it is, you can try and get one from a salvage yard or improvise. I'm almost certain that bolt was M8x1.25 (the bolt head would be 12MM). Four inches is 101.6MM, so the bolt is probably an M8x1.25x100. So, you might be able to find that in the hardware section of your local Lowe's or Home Depot. If not, I found one online:

https://www.belmetric.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=3578&cPath=2_1208_1221&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIyYS4wpqL4wIVbP_jBx2rxwZKEAQYASABEgKmgfD_BwE&zenid=ams2dthcfne3ve9dheeefllg46

Part Diagram Link:

https://www.nissanpartsdeal.com/parts-list/1999-nissan-sentra-b14u/front-cover-vacuum-pump-fitting.html?Filter=(2=GA16DE)&PNC=13035

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I don't think the part you specified is the bolt I am looking for because it references "vacuum pump" and because I cannot recognize any parts that look correct in the diagram.

I added two images for clarification:
1. See below - Close-up image shows the hole the bolt goes into which is at the right edge of the black bracket. If you could follow the bracket to the left (not shown in photo) you'd see the belt adjuster for the water pump pulley located at the far edge of the bracket. I did not use the adjuster because, first time around, I found that even completely unscrewing the adjuster bolt did not allow me enough looseness to put the belt back on, whereas just removing the other bolt enabled me to easily replace the belt.

2. See Below - From the top showing water pump. You may see, to the far left, the adjuster for the belt. The position of the BOLT I need is in the center under, but slightly to the left of the water pump.

Hope this helps. I really appreciate any assistance on this. I am also looking to purchase the five water pump bolts and, if I can find them, I will also need to know which bolt goes into which hole since there are five bolts (four different sizes). Without some type of diagram or explanation, there is no easy way to tell which bolt goes into which hole :-/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts