Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need serious help. My fuse to my running lights blows everytime I turn the running lamps on! And my power door locks are going crazy! Either my relay has gone bad and shorted out, or I have a wire grounding out somewhere. Has anyone ever had this problem before?If anyone has any idea what is going on here please let me know. As of right now there is no way I can drive at night! I have headlights and brake lights but ABSOLUTELY NO running lights.

·
No Nissan Yet
139 Posts
do you have any aftermarket lights? how about an alarm system? it is hard to diagnose. find what circuits that are on your running lamp circuit and go from there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had the same problem. It rained in my car and the master switch (box of buttons in the drivers door that controls windows and door lock) shorted out. For a while my power locks would work every now and then, and the tail lights and dashboard lights wouldn't work because the fuse kept blowing. I got a new master switch control thing from the dealership for $96 plus tax, and the problem was solved. You can test to see if that's where the short is by disconnecting the switch (just take the one screw out of the little door handle thing, then pull it out and you can see the connector), replacing the fuse, and seeing if your lights work with the window controls disconnected. If they work, you know where the problem is, and then your only problem is finding $100 or a junkyard. Good luck,

Steven

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All praise to MOJO

A very big thanks to Mojo who saved me hundreds of dollars by taking the time to let me know what my problem was. I hope others can use this info as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts