Nissan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it a "standard" socket or CK socket for the 2014 Xterra turn indicator? I bought a standard LED and get weird results. Such as the turn indicator flashes but doesn't turn on with the headlights. Vice versa after rotating the LED 180 degrees. The info I found says it could be a CK style socket and is the reason for the weird behavior. All the other LEDs that I installed work correctly. The owners manual says it's a 3457AK bulb.

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
2006 Pathfinder LE, 2003 Frontier SVE
10,367 Posts
I don't believe it's a CK socket, but you can use this diagram to figure out what you have:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I just got my Lasfit CANBUS, CK socket, LEDs today for the front turn indicators and they work great. So, it is a CK socket. With CANBUS LEDs in both the rear (non-CK socket) and front (CK socket), it gets rid of the hyperflash without the resistor modification. Technically, the CANBUS LEDs do what the resistors would do but the CANBUS LEDs are a cleaner install. They cost more though ($50). The passenger side was a bit more difficult to install because the battery reduces the amount of space to work in. Make sure you plug it in correctly, if it doesn't work rotate it 180 degrees. I hope this info helps others that are considering changing out their standard bulbs with LEDs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts