Nissan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright first off i have a 96 200sx 5 speed .. the problem is im afraid my damn tires gonna fall off. i have a terrible alignment problem, and when im taking a right turn or getting on the highway if i give it the slightest bit of gas it jerks to the right as if i jerked the wheel myself. it wasnt that bad at first so i just ignored it but its almost to the point where if i get too close to the right side ill go off the onramp into the grass. i grabbed the wheel on both sides and shook it from side to side and it kinda sounds like metal banging against something .. it does it on both sides in the front. id have to looked at but i dont wanna drive it at all

any ideas?

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,282 Posts
Inspect the ball joints, control arms and wheel nuts,.
Put it on ramps and have some one rock the wheel back and forth a look.
I really think you should get some one to help you inspect it before you drive it to the shop.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Don't forget about the tie rod.When mine went out,the front end shocked badly.The tie rod is also the place to set wheel alignment.I suggest to go to Les Schweb and have them inspect everything for you.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thats what i figured it was i didnt wanna jump to conclusions though .. how much do you think it would cost on average to get it repaired? i drove it a couple times today (i had no choice) but im gonna bring it down tomorrow. i jus wanna see how big of a dent its gonna put in my wallet

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,282 Posts
That depends on the problem.
If its just tie rod ends they are reasonable price and short labor time to install.
If its the steering rack, wheel bearings or control arms it will be a lot more plus and alignment for anything done to the steering or suspension.
so my GUESS is $200 to $600, but i would do it my self !!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
check the control arm bushings and bolts. when i put new bushings in the arms, i forgot to tighten one of the bolts and when i turned or accelerated during a turn, i got the same feeling, like the car turned more or was turning on its own.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts