Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is getting frustrating!i just replaced m front seal and when i turned the engine on, oil still leaks behind the pulley.can anyone tell me what else can cause this to happen?

·
Registered
313 Posts
It's possible that the crank has a groove in it,did yopu inspect it? I think there is a kit that addresses this very problem...

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,244 Posts
Are you sure its coming from the front seal ?
Check the Oil pressure sender near the Oil filter.
My power steering hose is leaking and making a big mess at the front of the engine as well...

·
Registered
313 Posts
Check the dealer I think that is where I heard of people going for it. If i were you though before you go any further I would verify that this is indeed your issue. Just pull it apart again and inspect the crank snout and see if it's has any sharp edges or groves in it..

·
Registered
20 Posts
same thing with my car. after i replace the front seal all of the sudden my power steering hose is leaking! so i was like, wtf! how'd it happen? so, when i take a look its coming from the short rubber hose connected to the reservoir and replace a new one with the clamp..

·
Registered
485 Posts
My power steering pump started leaking after replacing also. Just had to tighten my clamp on the hose.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i found the leak.a screw from my lower chain tensioner was too long and i cracked the back of the screw housing from the inside.now my engine knocking under the valve cover by the timing chain after putting gas in it.i got 213,000 mi on it and put in 87 octane.does anybody know if it could be the gas?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Wow my PS pump started leaking after changing pulley and seal. Prob should replace the hoses soon anyways....

Have you checked the oil and timing?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts