Nissan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
125 Posts
Was kind of clutch did you use? Well I do not kow for the 1.6 engine but for my car and alot of other people cars we had to shim the clutch cable on our SE-R's.......What you do is get some washers and take the both nuts off the cable---should have oneon both sides of the latch that hooks up to the tranny. Put like two washers first and see how it is. Kepp adding until the pedal is good. I thought at first my cable was stretched but after I install a new cable I still had to do the same thing. Anyways do not freak out just check the SE-r.net and search the mailing list for this topic. Ther is alot on it.

· Registered
125 Posts
Well I hope it was that mount you missed. I know on some SE-R's like mine had the same problem after installing the clutch. I have bought a new cable thinking the cable was stretched but still same problem. Just got to shim the cable. I did and no problems since. Alot of other people have had to do the same. If you have any questions on shimming the cable let me know.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.