Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We installed a brand new stock clutch in a 96 200sx 1.6,
after taking the tranny off and removing the clutch (warped),
We installed in the new one, Everything So far so good but after we put it back in the tranny and mounts we hooked up the cable but it was way to loose IT GAVE ALMOST NO PRESSURE we adjust all the way and barely any pressure on the peddle its so soft and doesnt pop back up al the way, Is this common or did we screw up some were, or do the cables stretch that easy, is their another adjuster on their that i dont other that the next to battery. has anybody ever done this before and happened to them or do i need to just go buy a new cable.
tips anything will be great
Help will be greatly appreciated.
TIA

:)

·
Registered
413 Posts
Don't quote me on this, but it sounds like you put the disc in backwards. If you don't have any alternate ideas, you might want to tear that bad boy out of there and make sure it is in correctly.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Was kind of clutch did you use? Well I do not kow for the 1.6 engine but for my car and alot of other people cars we had to shim the clutch cable on our SE-R's.......What you do is get some washers and take the both nuts off the cable---should have oneon both sides of the latch that hooks up to the tranny. Put like two washers first and see how it is. Kepp adding until the pedal is good. I thought at first my cable was stretched but after I install a new cable I still had to do the same thing. Anyways do not freak out just check the SE-r.net and search the mailing list for this topic. Ther is alot on it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Just happened to me today

The cable just went soft..It turns out ther is a little mount that the cable goes into to put more stress on the cable...Mine poped out(When I did the clutch) and I thought it was just stretched.May not be it but its worth looking.:D

·
Registered
125 Posts
Well I hope it was that mount you missed. I know on some SE-R's like mine had the same problem after installing the clutch. I have bought a new cable thinking the cable was stretched but still same problem. Just got to shim the cable. I did and no problems since. Alot of other people have had to do the same. If you have any questions on shimming the cable let me know.

·
P.O.S. Truckdriver
2,070 Posts
i'm not sure if this is what you are experiencing, but here goes. when i drove my car out of the shop after having my act installed, i had noooo pedal pressure. the clutch didnt even disengage until the pedal was nearly on the floor and didn't engage until it was a little bit off of it. but gradually as the clutch got broken in more, my pressure came back and it started acting like my old stock clutch did as far as engage/disengage points. ihope this helped some

1 - 6 of 6 Posts