Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I just installed Weapon R Headers on my 95' GXE automatic 1.6L.
I feel a little difference in low to mid range accelaration.

I took it to my local muffle shop where they installed a fairly cheap no name exhaust muffler. Its 2.25" inlet and a 3" outlet with what is called a tuneable silencer. I hate how the car sounds now. The headers im happy with so far but the car sounds bad with the muffler they installed. I still have the CAT and resonator in place. Im a auto technician and certified emmissions inspector in my state so I have to lead by example i guess and keep those things on the car. Anyway Im thinking of putting back on my factory nissan muffler because im so disappointed with the coffee can they installed.

I need some suggestions on nice sounding mufflers that i can use instead. If there are even some nice catback system's I would probably get one and I can install it at work but im not familar with anny good exhaust for our motors. I have been told to stay away from Pacesetter thats about it. Any and all help is appreciated. And i know having an automatic is probably a part of the problem too..

·
Registered
92 Posts
i have a black muffler off ebay its called black muffler swirl .. sounds good to me real deep and not a big wine ricer sound

·
Super Moderator
1,065 Posts
get a magnaflow resonator, and a apexi WS2 muffler, dont use piping bigger than 2 inch, get mandrel bent pipes. I dont recommend crush bent (sometimes they crush more than 50% of the pipe to make 1 bent)

http://www.adrenalinexxx.com/images/Products/Apexi Exhaust World Sport.jpg

the apexi muffler is alot of $$$ they are about 200$ You get what you pay for. Good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
OK so i just welded back on my OE Nissan muffler in the meantime because the exhaust note was making go crazy and make me feel so ricy....

So it seems magnaflow is a good one since the two of you said so already. The WS2 Apex'i looks alot like what the old Hotshot exhaust I read about looked like from the picture. I will go check out Magnaflow and Apexi websites and see if I find the parts. Wonder if they make Catback systems too? any way at least I got a base to start looking now.
Thnx for the info so far. Will let you know what I find.

·
Super Moderator
1,065 Posts
Apexi dont make bolt on catbacks for the 95 GXE (b14)

stromung 1.6L & 2.0L (hard to get)
Greddy SP1 and 2 - both made for 2.0L but will bolt on, 2.35" piping
Hks sport - made for 2.0L but will bolt on, 2.5"piping

Those are all between 450-600$ bucks. All sound good and will bolt on with no modification needed.

or go to VRSexhaust.com and just a piping kit for like 175$ pick your muffler and weld it all together. Theres alot of options out there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Apexi dont make bolt on catbacks for the 95 GXE (b14)

stromung 1.6L & 2.0L (hard to get)
Greddy SP1 and 2 - both made for 2.0L but will bolt on, 2.35" piping
Hks sport - made for 2.0L but will bolt on, 2.5"piping

Those are all between 450-600$ bucks. All sound good and will bolt on with no modification needed.

or go to VRSexhaust.com and just a piping kit for like 175$ pick your muffler and weld it all together. Theres alot of options out there.
Thanks will look into these as well. [Internet searching @ 12PSI here we go!]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts