Nissan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
P.O.S. Truckdriver
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well im getting my windows tinted thursday next week. the thing i need to know...would you get black tint or titanium tint? my car is a white 200sx. if u need a better idea go to my website. guy at the shop said black would look better on my car, but i am leaning towards 18% titanium. which would you get??

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Black would def. be better on a white but then again do U have rims--I went with the darkest Black they had to go with my Black rims and Im white too......

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
I say Titanium, looks bad ass on a white car.

·
Registered
138 Posts
deffinitly black. i got black on my 200 and it's white with white rims also. all my friends say it looks bad ass.

·
Registered
236 Posts
i like a lighter tint on lighter color cars too.
my car in my sig link has 35% with a platinum finish. it lightened it up and looks mirrored in the sun.

·
Red line chaser
814 Posts
Go with the black. Looks quite tight on white cars.

·
Registered
722 Posts
try black that fades to titanium or vise versa (just depends which way to turn the tint)

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
DAmn I didnt even know they had tints U can fade or put graphics in--down here in MIAMI--we just go as dark as we can....lol--U cant even see me at night :cool:

I mean cmon that whole titanium/mirror/chrome tint is kinda old and played....

BUt Katana I can see wut you're saying and it does make sense cuz of your rims.....so I guess it could work in your case.......

·
Registered
90 Posts
hey MP2050 a friend and i were thinking of moving to florida and open up our own shop. we can both tint with the "fade", and graphics. as far as graphics if there is a picture of it we can tint it.i'm not sure of the going rate for a tini job but i know we can do it for less. i think the last time i checked it was around 200 bones for a 4 door car. rihjt now we charge 119 bones. and we still make a profit

·
P.O.S. Truckdriver
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
119 for a 4 door huh? i got quoted 140 for black and 160 for titanium for my 2 door. when i mentioned mirror, they acted like they didnt wanna touch that w/a 10 foot pole " thats highly illegal" they said..yeah so is the 5% i want if i get black and the 18% if i get titanium. but im sure if i drop enough down they will do mirror;)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hey, get the titanium. I got the tint on mine, and mine is a 2001 SE with granite color, I think, it's grey I know that much. Looks awesome. Get the 35%, no matter what you'll probably get the dark dark black, and that's illegal or the titanium, and that's illegal, so who cares??? I haven't been pulled over yet, and the good/bad thing is, matters on the way that you look at it, when u r drivin and see a cop, put on ur interior light, or put down the windows a little. For some reason this makes the windows look more like a light, maybe 20% black tint. Helps me anyways, or maybe they don't pull me over cause I look white. Who knows!!!

·
P.O.S. Truckdriver
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yeah i dont see why they are so scared of putting mirror on my car. first off my friend has had mirror or his car since 97 and has never had a problem. and he's been pulled over and harrassed many times for almost anything possilbe but never the tint. ..and 2nd..they are gonna be putting an illegal percent on here anyway bc legal limit in sc is 35%. im pretty sure im going with mirror or titanium however. if i odnt like one i can always keep it a couple months and get more put on. hey mirrtints..im white and i get hassled all the time =/ ...guess cops around here just dont like modified cars unless its a muscle car.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts