17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i need a vg30 (ET) for a 88 300zx if any 1 can get me that engine for
cheep just pm me

·
Banned
3,785 Posts
siamiam said:
that 300hp na motor would be fun but damn thats expensive.
Yeah, for only 300 Hp. Could almost do an RB26 swap for that. If you left the engine stock, you could do it for that.

·
ZPOOLNZ
1,609 Posts
♣Zen31ZR♣ said:
Yeah, for only 300 Hp. Could almost do an RB26 swap for that. If you left the engine stock, you could do it for that.
You underestimate the costs of that swap...

·
Registered
7 Posts
if i have an engine, and am planning on buying a car with a blown motor, what costs should i expect for the engine swap besides the cost of the car?

·
Registered
33 Posts
drifterdan said:
hey i need a vg30 (ET) for a 88 300zx if any 1 can get me that engine for
cheep just pm me
Hi this may not be what you want to hear but when the engine in my z32 went bang i fit a modded small block chevy with TH400 with no major problems (cheap powerfull fun). If you want pics or info on conversion drop me a line. Gavin

·
Banned
3,785 Posts
gavinbalmer said:
Hi this may not be what you want to hear but when the engine in my z32 went bang i fit a modded small block chevy with TH400 with no major problems (cheap powerfull fun). If you want pics or info on conversion drop me a line. Gavin
For shame. You wanna put an SBC in something, please put it in a Chevy. :)

·
Banned
3,785 Posts
JAMESZ said:
You underestimate the costs of that swap...
Did you see how much that engine was? Sorry, but my name is not Dr Buddha, and I don't pay $5000 to have motor/tranny mounts welded into my car.... :loser:

·
ZPOOLNZ
1,609 Posts
♣Zen31ZR♣ said:
Did you see how much that engine was? Sorry, but my name is not Dr Buddha, and I don't pay $5000 to have motor/tranny mounts welded into my car.... :loser:
Motor and tranny mounts are the cheap part.

·
Banned
3,785 Posts
JAMESZ said:
Motor and tranny mounts are the cheap part.
Yeah, and everything else could be done by hand. The only difficulties I forsee would be a driveshaft, which would have to be custom made. The only real hard part would be wiring.

·
ZPOOLNZ
1,609 Posts
♣Zen31ZR♣ said:
Yeah, and everything else could be done by hand. The only difficulties I forsee would be a driveshaft, which would have to be custom made. The only real hard part would be wiring.
Well lets see Engine managment, cooling, tranny, driveshaft, dash set up, wiring, engine maintance, intercooler and plumbing, ignition, and more. All of that really starts to add up.

·
Banned
3,785 Posts
JAMESZ said:
Well lets see Engine managment, cooling, tranny, driveshaft, dash set up, wiring, engine maintance, intercooler and plumbing, ignition, and more. All of that really starts to add up.
A project is a project... Not like I'm gonna be doing that any time soon anyway. And I certainly wouldn't attempt it with out a whole front clip, which would take care of most of the problems you mentioned.

·
Registered
274 Posts
If you wanted to keep it stock... A front clip would be good... but DIY and make a bunch of power. A small block makes for a bad ass and crazy cheap engine to build. Look at a fully forged stroker bottom end kit from eagle... for around 450-500hp and the ability to hose a 250hp shot you're looking at under 3K with everything (if it's carbed)

A SBC is a really easy and fast way to make a street car BAD.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Marc Z31 said:
If you wanted to keep it stock... A front clip would be good... but DIY and make a bunch of power. A small block makes for a bad ass and crazy cheap engine to build. Look at a fully forged stroker bottom end kit from eagle... for around 450-500hp and the ability to hose a 250hp shot you're looking at under 3K with everything (if it's carbed)

A SBC is a really easy and fast way to make a street car BAD.
Cheers Marc its good to knows some-ones on my wavelength i did the 427ci dart iorn eagle block with 230cc pro 1 heads, wild roller cam and FAST fuel injection TH400 with JW converter manual valve body and transbrake .300hp shot of nos and it was still cheaper than trying to get even only 600hp out of the nissan vg30dett and it even fits better

·
Banned
3,785 Posts
gavinbalmer said:
Cheers Marc its good to knows some-ones on my wavelength i did the 427ci dart iorn eagle block with 230cc pro 1 heads, wild roller cam and FAST fuel injection TH400 with JW converter manual valve body and transbrake .300hp shot of nos and it was still cheaper than trying to get even only 600hp out of the nissan vg30dett and it even fits better
If you're gonna build the equivalent of a Camaro, maybe you should have bought a Chevy. I'm not quite sure why it is people buy expensive import cars just to shove a small block chevy under the hood. Doesn't make much sense.....

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
♣Zen31ZR♣ said:
If you're gonna build the equivalent of a Camaro, maybe you should have bought a Chevy. I'm not quite sure why it is people buy expensive import cars just to shove a small block chevy under the hood. Doesn't make much sense.....
Even Camaro's are fuel injected;)

·
Banned
3,785 Posts
♣AsleepZ♣ said:
Even Camaro's are fuel injected;)
So why saddle a decent modern 300Z with a carburated engine..... Makes even less sense. I personally would be ashamed to own such a car, knowing that every time I opened the hood I was basically admitting that I couldn't deal with fuel injection....... :)

·
ZPOOLNZ
1,609 Posts
gavinbalmer said:
Your back? We have already had enough of your B.S. You don't have anything, you know nothing, and your an absolute tool.

http://www.nissanforums.com/search.php?searchid=455466

I hope I need not remind you of your previous worthless posts.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts