Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriend blew her engine. Got way too hot and now has no more than 60psi in each cylinder.

It is a 1.6 liter engine. I've considered putting in a 2.0liter if it's not more trouble to do. I also considered the sr20...is it any different from the 2.0liter?

What options do I have on engines? She's not into power, and was happy with the 1.6, so I'm not gonna go out of my way to upgrade it.

Where can I get a good engine? what should I expect to pay?

thanks for any advice. Feel free to email me...just don't give me a subject line I'll mistake for solicitation or I'll delete it out of habit.

·
Registered
672 Posts
if shes not power hungry, stick with a ga16de engine. it wouldnt have any problems dropping in. the 2liter is the sr20 btw.

·
P.O.S. Truckdriver
2,070 Posts
i couldnt tell you where the leak is. i have never checked since it really is not something i am too worried about. i just check it at about 1000 miles after an oil change..most of the time i add 1/4 quart if any at all. it's weird, soemtimes i have to add some, other times not. it has 115,xxx miles. if by history you mean have there been any problems, there have been none at all. i am in spartanburg, south carolina. i am not sure how far it is from knoxville though. i know it is 2-3 hours from gatlinburg. if you are interested let me know. if we work out a deal i would be willing to meet you halfway. if not, i understand.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts