Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I plan to replace the rotors and flush/bleed the fluid at the same time.
What would you recommend for the replacement parts? OEM?

Should I replace the calipers at the same time? Don't want to spent too much since I am on a tie budget. Would replace just the front calipers make a difference?

This is a 1993 Nissan Altima with all 4 disc brakes and ABS. The rotor has never been replaced and they squeaks like crazy.

Also, is there a package that I could order from Nissan to replace the rusty/rotten shims... I don't think I can put them back the next time... they are falling apart... :)

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Did a brake fluid flush last weekend. The fluid I got from nissan is now Dot "4" they say. A small 350ml bottle cost me CDN$7 dollar...

I found a set of front calipers on eBay but it looks like it's for 2000 altima. Does anyone know if it'll fit on a 1993? It appears the part has an extra "A" at the end comparing to the one for 1993. Here is the URL: eBay Motors: Brand New Front Calipers for 2000 Nissan Altima (item 180335614534 end time Apr-09-09 02:50:29 PDT)

Should I get these or get the sealant kit from nissan to rebuilt/overhaul my calipers?

Thanks again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts