Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope someone can help me on this one, it's turned into a mess. LOL

At the end of last month, I bought a 2008 Sentra from Lokey Nissan in Clearwater. I signed the necessary paperwork, everything showing an approval from Regional Acceptance, and was told that the deal was complete. I confirmed that on October 10, my trade in was paid off and that the title was sent to Lokey. I had also done an interview with Regional Acceptance.

Last week, though, things seemed a little fishy. I got a call from Sam (Finance Director?) asking for additional information to "finalize" my loan with Regional Acceptance. I faxed an additional paystub confirming my salary, and left it at that. It finally hit the fan yesterday, when I got another call from Lokey Nissan, stating that the financing had fallen through, and that I would either need a co-signer or to bring the car back. Keep in mind, this has been almost a month after I took delivery and I had already put 1500 miles on the car. I brought the Sentra back last night and got my trade back (a Ford Taurus). Also, I had to go back this morning to get my checks back that I had used for the down payment (they were post-dated). Here's what I wonder about, though; I was told that the title for the Taurus would be sent to my old finance company (Westlake Financial) to get the loan reinstated. I've received mixed responses from Westlake, one not knowing if it was possible, another saying that I would have to send a notarized request, and another one saying that I would have to speak with their Acquisition department. I'm going to call them again this afternoon, but has anyone ever heard of a finance company "reinstating" a loan once it's been paid off?

Any advice that you can give would be greatly appreciated. :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, an update...I just received a call from Lokey, stating that it was "imperative" that I call them back, so I did. I was given 3 options:

1. Get Westlake to reinstate my loan.
2. Let Lokey get it financed (probably impossible - I owe too much on it).
3. Give it back to them as it's paid off - free and clear.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2 Posts
dealer nightmare

open road nissan, morristown nj, did almost the identical to me!! the broke into the car and stole it from me... they will not give me back my money!!
, i can use your advise!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
open road nissan, morristown nj

to add to my previous post...they claim the loan that i signed didnt go through, they are demanding i sign thru nissan. if the contract is contingent on that loan, then the contract is void. they had harrassed and made terroristic threats to myself and my family. then they stole my car! which is registered and insured by me, and njdmv shows the lien holder as the bank i signed the loan with!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would DEFINITELY recommend calling the State Attorney General and an attorney. I've been talking with an attorney in regards to my issue. Also, call Nissan Consumer Affairs (I think it's 1-800-NISSAN5).

Just an update, I returned the car to the Nissan dealer last week after purchasing another vehicle at a different dealership. They want me to pay the difference between the trade in value and what they paid for it. :lame:

What makes my story even more ironic is that I received a call from Nissan (corporate office) and got a survey in the mail regarding my recent purchase. I guess the dealer even told Nissan that I had bought the car. So....I sent the survey back - without the all "excellent" scores that the dealer asked me over and over again to give, and Nissan's Consumer Affairs knows about the entire issue. I'm not looking for money or any compensation out of this - just getting my old car paid off is enough - I just don't want anyone else to go through this mess.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts