Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about buying a 1990 300Zx with about 114,000 miles on it from a dealer. It looks likes its in pretty decent shape the interior was restored but still has the wear and tear thatll happen after 15 years. However, the trunk looks like somebody tried to break into it with a crowbar:S other than that the car looks to be in pretty good shape. Even though i live in Canada, there dosnt seem to be any rusting on the body, although i have not had it lifted for a more thorough inspection. Anyway the dealer is asking for about 6K U.S, which seems like a pretty good deal. Any advice on pricing, or what i should be looking out for would be appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
btw there is also a 94 300ZX for sale with about 100k miles, are there any advantages in getting a 94 over a 90 other than the obvious? thanks

·
Banned
3,785 Posts
They are about the same performance wise. It's when you get a 96 that you'll lose some Hp, from the TT model at least.... I'd look at the general condition. Test drive both. Overall mileage is usually less important than regular maintenance, see if there are any previous maintenance records for either car.

·
Locked and Loaded
1,227 Posts
I agree with him there, just check em out, see which one you would rather drive, and get it, but if its from a dealer, they're going to charge you entirely too much, so i would look for a private seller.

·
Power FC Z32
2,147 Posts
JoNa9 said:
btw there is also a 94 300ZX for sale with about 100k miles, are there any advantages in getting a 94 over a 90 other than the obvious? thanks
94+ went with electric HICAS and the injectors went to a newer and more reliable injector.

·
ZPOOLNZ
1,609 Posts
Spongerider said:
94+ went with electric HICAS and the injectors went to a newer and more reliable injector.
Yeah but HICAS is only on the TT. So if he is looking at NAs it really doesn't make a difference.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the advice, im going to go test drive the 94 and see how it is, but the dealer of the '90 is going to call me when he gets the service records, thanks again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts