Nissan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
3.5 PROJECT TURBO
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OhTwoAltimaSE said:
A little bird told me that he busted it installing his UDP... :eek:
You're damn right, I finished the install without it, the belt has the right tension, but still, I drove the car from the shop to the house and is been there since then. I'm loking for that sh**t so I can enjoy my new mod.

Thanks Slurppie, I'm going to send him a pm now.

·
3.5 PROJECT TURBO
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Still looking for the dawn screw and nut....
What does the tensioner do, other than tension the belt?

I tensioned the belt, having a friend pushing down in the little pulley between the crank pulley and the alternator. Then I tighted the screw.
I can drive like that, (no screw or nut ) but I'm afraid that my belt will come out.

What do you think, is it save to drive like that?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Guerrero said:

I tensioned the belt, having a friend pushing down in the little pulley between the crank pulley and the alternator. Then I tighted the screw.
I can drive like that, (no screw or nut ) but I'm afraid that my belt will come out.

What do you think, is it save to drive like that?
I got pieces comming for this, when they hit I'll take a look and see what's what.:rolleyes:

·
Friends of ours...
1,346 Posts
Guerrero said:

Can you get to the tensioner from above? My belts squeek a little, so I need a small adjustment.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Guerrero said:
Well it came in, the only way to get the bolt is to buy the whole thing. The other dealer you talked to was right, I gave it a try though. $32.46 is what I'll sell it to you for if you can't find a better deal. Also it looks like a one application part. So I can't match anything up to it.:rolleyes:

·
3.5 PROJECT TURBO
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
totalycrazy said:
if i want to install my own UDP, what tools do i need. and who do i talk to for a complete write up???
I would not recomend you to install it yourself, if you don't have the tools, it is a hard. I did it and my st***d as* broke the tensioner, It have been about three weeks, that I haven't been able to drive my car because of this.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts