Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive 110 miles round trip to work everyday. I'm trying to keep the miles down on my Formula. The Formula gets very decent gas mileage for what it is, but a little 4 banger would be much better and I would like to be able to run 87 octane as well. I like the older SE-Rs, I guess '91-'94 or so? I know they run pretty good for what they are and I think they would be fun to drive everyday. What should I look for when buying one? How are maintence costs? Do you guys/gals have any other suggestions on what I should buy? NX2000? '95ish Altima?

I need front wheel drive, good gas mileage, don't want to have to run 93 octane, fairly cheap maintence/operating expenses, and a little bit fun to drive....Suggestions?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I drive mine every day and even on long trips to florida and califronia even, my odomoter shows 195,260 right now and the only thing I have done is a drivers axle and a clutch, everything else is fine. I have done all the performance mods listed below in the last year and a half or so and the car has only gotten faster. I am running 14.8 in the quarter now with the header, exhaust, cai, es inserts, act clutch, B&M short shifter, and wheels/tires. i love the car, and I bet you could make it faster than that big V8 you have.

Brent

·
Registered
92 Posts
I was just trying to be positive, a fat stage 3 fmax kit or DET buildup would lay it down. Louis Anaya's DET SE-R laid down an 11 sec quarter. NA DE motors won't come close i realize that.

Brent

1 - 5 of 5 Posts