Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(Dint know where to really put this) Hear is the run down. My Fiancee is look for a Cav. Her pervious car was a Cav. I tried mass persuation but she wouldnt budge for a Nissan, even if I offered to pay for it. We were at a dealer looking at a few Cav's she liked. We got into few diffrent conversations with a sales man. Really cool guy but one thing ticked me is the conversation about our type of cars (B13,B14,1.6,2.0). We got into reliability. He dint beleave me when I said that these engines got past 200,000 miles plus, some over 300 as daily beaters. So we actually got into an all out argument. It was kind speaking to him up till this point. He simply said if its true prove him wrong. I said fine. This is were I need the help. I did plenty of searching, but found wear fellow Nissan enthusiast stated there miles without pictures. Allthough to me there word is as dependable as there car, I need photo proof of the odometer for this one, if posible a simple statment of how many miles are yours, and if you beat on it or not. This man put down one of the best cars ever built, and I wont let it go unjustified.

Any help is greatly apreciated. With your help Im really looking forward to going back to this guy at his dealership and proving him wrong. His worst statment was, "I have not seen a Cav over 170,000 let along any other car that high, still runing good."

Im not sure how to post pic. So if someones got a good one for me and has the same trouble, just e-mail it to me at [email protected] with the subject of... "Nissan Miles"

Thank you for all your help. Phyroinstinct

·
Registered
158 Posts
There is also a thread in general. Right now my highest car is 112k and going strong. There is a thread in General > General that where people posted their highest mileage. You may want to ask in there as well.

Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Kind of off topic, but has anyone heard of the famous Subaru that ran for 500,000 and only needed an alternator replaced?

·
Smth Crmnl,not therapist
852 Posts
Al Bundy's car ran for over 1mil miles, and it was an american piece of junk that barely ran.

·
WHOOT!
1,286 Posts
lol. i haven't seen that one but it sounds funny.

about the reaction of that salesman, keep us posted. PROVE HIM WRONG!

·
Registered
124 Posts
fuck that shit, where do u live? i migt need a road trip if not too far, i wanna get to 300,000 miles eventually and i beat the shit oput my car cause of the mods. ask the cop that pulled me over last year doing 140 mph on the highway. wrote me down for 120 mph and lost my license for a month. it was fun, but i race only at the track now. i will try to take a pic of mine and send it to u tommororw.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I only got one pic so far... And I wanna go back to him soon.motivational1 had sent me a nice shot, Im just waiting to get a few more before I go back. On the bright side, my Fiancee, momentarily considered Nissan. Hopefully if Im persuasive enough I can get her to want one. But she comes up to me the other night and says, "What about the Suzuki Aerio". Anyone have any info on the car. I went and tried one and stuff. It was ok, Not a Nissan though. SuperblkStalion that would be great if ya could get me a pic. I would appreciate it. Thanks, Phyro

·
Registered
121 Posts
Darn, if only 159,000 were enough to convince this guy.

Why in the world would your wife want a Cavalier? My sister has a 2003 and hates it.

·
Respek Knuckles
1,172 Posts
yay Chevy said it will drope the cavalier after the 2004 run. its gonna be replaced by the cobalt but the sunfire is staying boooooo!

hope you prove that fkr wrong

·
Registered
33 Posts
here is one have him call TIM DAHLE NISSAN (801-262-5521)in utah and have him take a picture of a 1990 nissan 300zx with 300,000 miles on ALL of the stock parts(turbos, motor, trans, ect... most likely replaced the driveshaft, and alternator a number of times but major stuff no problems) The cars will go forever my Z's at 198888 and still runs fine, starts on the second or third try and even still has great compression.

My 1986 truck has 212,000+ miles on it and the only major thing i fixed on that has been replacing the fifth gear because it came lose and grinded its self, motor is all orginal the 4 wheel drive still works outstanding and it still has the original alternator

On the other hand my 1984 corvette has 126,xxx miles on it and still runs just fine and always starts up on the first try. (this car was probably built on wednesday)

once i get my pictures developed i will send them your way

latter joe a.k.a wIGgy a.k.a WiGGLEs .a.k.a WagGLes

1 - 20 of 26 Posts