Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help. I am new to this forum.
We are considering purchasing a Pathfinder for our daughter's college graduation this Spring. She will be moving to Colorado (Boulder/Denver), and has heard that a V-8 would operate better than a V-6 at the higher altitude. As Pathfinder does not offer a V-8, I'm wondering how valid the comment is. Is this something we need to consider.
Also, just wondering about other pros and cons with regard to an 05 Pathfinder.

Thank you.

·
g33k/gamer/QR nerd
445 Posts
Sand-ing said:
Need some help. I am new to this forum.
We are considering purchasing a Pathfinder for our daughter's college graduation this Spring. She will be moving to Colorado (Boulder/Denver), and has heard that a V-8 would operate better than a V-6 at the higher altitude. As Pathfinder does not offer a V-8, I'm wondering how valid the comment is. Is this something we need to consider.
Also, just wondering about other pros and cons with regard to an 05 Pathfinder.

Thank you.
Never drove one myself... but this car and driver article talks about its handling off the road, and its features. As well as a "pros and cons" view

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=15&article_id=9264&page_number=7

·
Registered
430 Posts
2 more cylinders aren't going to help a whole lot unless they are producing more horsepower. It depends how the computer is programmed, that will make the difference. I think all the sensors can take into account the altitude and air differences. The Pathy actually has the same horsepower as the v8 4runner, so 2 more cylinders dont always help. It does have more torque, but I doubt your daughter will be hauling trailers around all the time.

·
g33k/gamer/QR nerd
445 Posts
boogyman said:
2 more cylinders aren't going to help a whole lot unless they are producing more horsepower. It depends how the computer is programmed, that will make the difference. I think all the sensors can take into account the altitude and air differences. The Pathy actually has the same horsepower as the v8 4runner, so 2 more cylinders dont always help. It does have more torque, but I doubt your daughter will be hauling trailers around all the time.
Thanks boogyman :) forgot to answer that part of the question lol...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks gentlemen for the article and info. As long as the V-6 doesn't make that much difference, she's leaning towards the Pathfinder rather than a 4-Runner. :cheers:

·
g33k/gamer/QR nerd
445 Posts
Sand-ing said:
Thanks gentlemen for the article and info. As long as the V-6 doesn't make that much difference, she's leaning towards the Pathfinder rather than a 4-Runner. :cheers:
you should be proud, your daughter knows how to pick a vehicle :thumbup:

·
Registered
35 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts