Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Related to my ongoing water pump/timing belt fiasco, some of the coolant that came out of the block was nasty. I was draining the radiator yet again, and it pulled an Austin Powers (think about the first movie)... it was all seemingly drained, then suddenly started gushing more, but this time it was funky colored, not quite rusty, but sort of muddy. I'm assuming there was a blockage in the radiator that came loose? Then as I was draining coolant from the block to replace the thermostat, some of the coolant in the hoses was decidedly rusty looking. At this point, since I plan to sell the damned thing as soon as it's running, should I just not worry about it? Being a conscientious seller, I feel responsible to figure out what's wrong, or at least have the system totally flushed.

Does AutoZone or Advance typically have a pressure testing kit available for rent?

·
Registered
75 Posts
seeing as its winter, its kind of cold, but you can always pull the rad hoses and take a garden hose and run coolant thru the entire block and rad for 15 mins to flush it out good

then refill

or you can go to an oil change place like Jiffy Lube and have them flush the system with their machine

or you can sell As -Is ...its good you have a conscience, but end of the day, buyer beware . Just offer them a 5/5 warranty. 5 seconds / 5 feet. Whatever comes first.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts