Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had the plug press fitted in the side of the crank journal come out? The plug I am talking about is aluminum and pressed in.
I heard the engine making noise at 3000 RPM's and higher that wasn't normal. I checked the valve adjustment... all good 3 were a little tight. I dropped the oil pan to investigate the lower end, and found the aluminum plug in the bottom of the oil pan. Any one have a good solution to keep the plug in the crank? Thanks , Kirk

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
jetech1 said:
Has anyone had the plug press fitted in the side of the crank journal come out? The plug I am talking about is aluminum and pressed in.
I heard the engine making noise at 3000 RPM's and higher that wasn't normal. I checked the valve adjustment... all good 3 were a little tight. I dropped the oil pan to investigate the lower end, and found the aluminum plug in the bottom of the oil pan. Any one have a good solution to keep the plug in the crank? Thanks , Kirk
you are probably losing oil pressure big time!. You can tap out the hole in the crank and put in a pipe plug wiht loctite. Be sure you grease the tap to catch the shavings.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts