Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who knows what this part is?
Mine clicks like crazy for about 1 second when the key is put in the on position or switched off. I get a CEL p1447 and I cant figure it out and think this might be the cause.
Numbers on this part (e9t170 74....6727....e029)
97 pickup 4cyl manual transmission.

·
Registered
117 Posts
after i cleaned mine it stoped

·
Registered
117 Posts
i just use some deep penatant like wd let it soak awhile then get your self some of that steel wool and then spray it with some carb cleaner or somthing that leves no residue then is not a bad idea to lube the friction points a little not to much put it back together and hook it up see wat happens worked for me

·
Registered
2 Posts
Info

Does anyone know what this part does? I can only find this part on Courtesyparts.com, why? Mine has started with the clicking noise during startup and shutdown of the engine. About the same time this started I also noticed a clicking noise coming from the passenger side of the truck, either in the engine bay or in the lower part of the dash, only while giving the truck gas and going down the road. I took the dash apart but found nothing, very odd. Any ideas or suggestions? Anyone else have these problems? Please help.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
79 Posts
Mine used to make that noise like crazy when you would modulate the throttle, or startup or shutoff. I never figured it out, then i removed all the emissions junk and much quieter lol

At least i get some closure here!

I think there was a bulletin released about this, they just recommended you upgrade to the newer type. You might be able to find out more if you care.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Part

I went to the dealership today and they said that it is a type of purge valve for the emissions system. There is a service order on this which calls for replacement of the valve, vacuum tank and a couple evap hoses. It seems like an easy replacement but it costs about 350.00 dollars.

Thanks for the reply and im sure ill have other questions later.:) :waving:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts