Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I have a mystery wire that I cannot identify. It appears to be a ground wire as it attaches to the chassis just underneath the heavy metal (rusty) bracket that the resonator normally sits on on the inside drivers side frame rail in the engine bay. The wire is approximately 10" long and appears to have had some sort of connector (possibly a spade connector or possibly it pulled loose from a larger plastic connector). Here it is:

another shot

Help! I figure I knocked it loose during my ghetto intake install. I cannot for the life of me figure out where it attaches to.

·
Registered
354 Posts
i have a FSM for the 92 se-r and i am looking for that wire but i cant find it mine is gone for the day so when it gets home i will look as well. does it go into the firewall or is it conected to something else?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Is the ground wire pluged onto the ground lug on the tranny? That shure looks like it to me;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep, it appears that it is a ground wire that goes to the tranny. I have no idea why the tranny would need a ground... :rolleyes:

Thanks for everyones help.

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
I have no idea why the tranny would need a ground... :rolleyes:
Yeah, you'd certainly think the numerous bolts connecting the engine to the tranny and vice versa, would be plenty to prevent any potential difference between the two. But, I'm not an electrical engineer either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts