Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen alot of pictures of the N15 pulsar and they look very similar. I need some shocks for my car, but DMS only makes them for N15. Can anyone verify the platforms are the same or close enough for shocks and springs to fit.? I really need to know before I spend $2500 on some shocks..

thanks,

rick

·
I command you to SEARCH
2,748 Posts
I think Carbon200 is running the rear Nismo bushings that are made for the N15....I think....

·
Registered
185 Posts
biltmore said:
I have seen alot of pictures of the N15 pulsar and they look very similar. I need some shocks for my car, but DMS only makes them for N15. Can anyone verify the platforms are the same or close enough for shocks and springs to fit.? I really need to know before I spend $2500 on some shocks..
I've done a bunch of looking through the Nismo catalog (the Japanese catalog) and have been able to verify that much the the parts for the N15 are the same parts used on the B14.

Specifically, the Nismo catalog specs the exact same part number for all B14 and N15 springs and dampers.

Things like STBs, LCAB, and a bunch of other things are the same as well.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The shocks I am wanting to get are the DMS 50mm Adjustable Giant Strut and Shock Absorber, Rally / Gravel spec. Website is at http://www.dmshocks.com
Here is the pic..

I have the US Nismo catalog... but how do I get the japanese one.? Can you scan some pictures of it showing the same part numbers. Your replies have been great... thanks everyone..

Rick

·
Registered
393 Posts
ever thought about the tien coilovers? i think tien is the most-selling coilover company in japan. that's what i plan on getting, but im not even sure if theyre over here yet, it wont be a while til i can get them anyway so it doesnt really matter yet.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does tein make gravel spec rally coilovers.?
Whatever I put on the car they are going to have to take alot of offroad abuse.. I found a site that showed were the b14 and n15 had the same nismo part number for some shocks.. but it says the b14 is the same as N15 until 97 then 97-on N15 have a different part number.

N15 - 54300-RN141 - For FF car (' - 97/9) attenuation power 4 step variable type low pressure gas
54300-RN240 - For FF car ('97/9 -) attenuation power 4 step variable type low pressure gas
B14 - 54300-RN141 - Attenuation power 4 step variable type low pressure gas for FF car .
this info came from http://members.tripod.co.jp/HN15/01Parts.htm you may have to use babelfish if you don't read japanese..

Anyone know the difference between pre97 N15 and post97 N15.?
I am getting closer...

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You can get any spring rate you want.
from http://www.dmshocks.com/docs/features.html

Springs: DMS can offer a spring that will suit most conditions, you can discuss your requirements with the factory. The incidence of duty sag is eliminated, unique to this product is the ability to achieve extended travel length without increasing the spring entrapment, direct benefit is achieved in weight reduction, improved performance, ease of tuning, vehicle stability and ride comfort

-rick

·
Registered
185 Posts
biltmore said:
I found a site that showed were the b14 and n15 had the same nismo part number for some shocks.. but it says the b14 is the same as N15 until 97 then 97-on N15 have a different part number.
The Nismo catalog shows B14 and N15 on the same line, i.e.: B14/N15. The part number change shown is for both platforms as of 9/97.

·
Registered
185 Posts
biltmore said:
The shocks I am wanting to get are the DMS 50mm Adjustable Giant Strut and Shock Absorber, Rally / Gravel spec. Website is at http://www.dmshocks.com
Here is the pic..

I have the US Nismo catalog... but how do I get the japanese one.? Can you scan some pictures of it showing the same part numbers. Your replies have been great... thanks everyone..

Rick
Cool stuff. You could also try Morris Damper as well.

http://www.morissdampers.com/

They also specialize in rally and produce custom dampers. The 944 folks seem to like them.

I got my Nismo catalog when a friend went to Japan a few years back.

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
Ive got the 2002 Nismo cat here, and I will back up what Geo says. Same part numbers for springs and dampers.

·
Registered
393 Posts
i think tien mostly does circuit racing.

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
V i V i D 200sx said:
i think tien mostly does circuit racing.
Tein has everything from mild to wild. $1k to nearly $3k stuff
Id say the Flex and SS are on the mild side and the RS and N1 are on the wild side.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have been in contact with Evan at Moriss. I am just seeing if I have any other options. And if N15=B14 Then I can go with the rally proven DMS. Also I talked with a guy who has a 1994 Sentra that he had rally shocks custom made from Moriss, he said they are really slow and unhappy with his purchase from Moriss.
Can anyone scan a page or two from the japan Nismo catalog for me..

-rick

1 - 20 of 28 Posts