Nissan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm afraid I'm embarrassing myself, but I confess that I have no idea what this switch is for. :p

I found a loose wire hanging down by the clutch pedal and it comes from this switch. The blue wire and the yellow wire with an in-line fuse come up from below the hood release lever and plug into 2 of 3 connections on the switch. Then another blue wire plugs into it and heads towards the back of the radio. Two of the wires were loose and I'm not sure what wire should plug into which connection. I don't want to make the connections or try the switch until I learn what it's for. :loser:

It seems like the wires are related to the radio but I have no idea why the radio would have such a switch.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I agree it doesn't look factory, but then there's that perfect indentation in the dash... :confused:

·
Registered
96 Posts
nah, thats not factory.. most likely a kill switch or a fog light switch. When you get these kind of switches, its anybodies guess sometimes what the heck its for.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I'll disconnect the wires and maybe someday I'll want to switch something...

·
Registered
30 Posts
My best guess, since its coming from the radio, someone had a system in the truck and that switch may have turned the amp on/off.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks 5x, there is an amp behind the seat so that seems logical. I doubt I would ever want to turn the amp off.

·
Registered
30 Posts
:loser:
You mean the switch controlled a cloaking device?

That would be sweet!
:loser: No, say your riding down the road with the system turned up and you pass a cop.... You reach down and turn the system off. Cop then rides by you and doesn't suspect it was you because the system is off.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts