other day i hop into my '06 Xtrail, start her up ( it often sits a week or so as i drive the toyota matrix). I noticed my front overhead dome light flickering. Then it shut off. Its a 12 volt LED dome bulb that i installed about 3 years ago. Worked great till other day.
- i removed it. Re-sat it back into position. Same flickering. I removed the entire dome light unit ( just two phillip screws ) to check the wire , if anything out of place. All was good, reinstalled, still flickered...then the led bulb just died. * moment of silence please.
- I need to buy a new bulb. Anywhooooo, yesterday i go to take my mother shopping for her household needs. Truck drives like new. Took the mom home. I park my truck. I decide i go check my external lights ( turn signals, headlights, reverse, parking lights, the Bat signal, etc).
- now i notice my right corner parking light seems blown. That too is an LED that was fine the last 2-3 years.
- i may replace both the dome and corner marker bulb with a regular non-led bulb. Just because they cost much less then the led bulbs .
- But i'm wondering...is this just a coincidence of both unrelated bulbs burning out in 2 days? or a harbinger of things to come?
- also, i will admit i had to google the word ''Harbinger''. Sometimes i have the dumbs.