Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 91 300Z TwinTurbo. The fuel pump fusible link blew while the car was being driven. The cause was the wire from the fusible link was shorted to the body. Repaired the wire and insulated the body wear point. When I turn the key to ON all the dash lights come as normal. While troubleshooting the short problem the F25 to E12 connector was disconnected. We forgot to reconnect it and tried to start the car twice. We reconnected the connectors. When we started the car all the dash lights go out as normal. The car starts and runs fine. When I turn the engine OFF all the dash lights come but are very dim and the engine continues to run. I have to disconnect the battery or pull the ECCS relay to get it to stop. There were no codes or problems before the short. More troubleshooting shows 12 volts to eccm pin 16 when ignition switch is turned to ON or START. When the ignition switch is turned OFF (and key removed) there is 5 volts being supplied to eccm pin 16. This is when the dash lights are very dim and the engine continues to run. Opening the circuit to eccm pin 16 shuts everything down as it should. The manual indicates that Pin 16 is the E.C.U. power source and that it self-shuts off a few second after turning the ignition switch OFF. It appears that voltage is leaking through the shutoff circuit in the E.C.U.. Any suggestions on where I can get a stock 91 300Z TwinTurbo E.C.U. repaired?

·
Registered
737 Posts
Since it is stock, consider an upgrade for more power. I don't know if they can or will help your situation, but try Jim Wolf Tech. They usually want cores for fast turn around, but I have heard they can socket the same one. It just takes longer and you can turn up the boost a bit with the supplied boost jets.

First things first though. Make sure that's what you need. Just throwing that out there for consideration. Good Luck, Z

1 - 3 of 3 Posts