Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHILE DRIVING SOMETIMES MY Z WILL LOSE POWER WHEN I LET OFF THE GAS IT WILL RETURN WHILE IN THAT MODE MY TIMING SEEMS TO GO HAYWIRE IF I LET THE CAR SIT OR RESTART THE CAR IT RUNS NORMAL ANY IDEA WHAT WOULD MAKE THAT HAPPEN?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
THERE IS NO ENGINE LIGHT ON,I WAS TOLD BY A MECHANIC THAT THE PROBLEM THAT TRHESE CARS HAD WAS WHEN SOMEONE TUNED THEM UP THEY OVER TIGHTEN THE WIRE THAT SITS ON THE PLUG AND THAT BY DOING SO IT MY HAVE BEEN BROKEN ,HE ALSO STATED THAT YOU CAN'T GET THE WIRE ANYWHERE BECAUSE THEY DON'T MAKE THEM ANYMORE,I DON'T KNOW BUT I REALLY WOULD LIKE TO FIX THE PROBLEM.

·
Power FC Z32
2,147 Posts
THERE IS NO ENGINE LIGHT ON,I WAS TOLD BY A MECHANIC THAT THE PROBLEM THAT TRHESE CARS HAD WAS WHEN SOMEONE TUNED THEM UP THEY OVER TIGHTEN THE WIRE THAT SITS ON THE PLUG AND THAT BY DOING SO IT MY HAVE BEEN BROKEN ,HE ALSO STATED THAT YOU CAN'T GET THE WIRE ANYWHERE BECAUSE THEY DON'T MAKE THEM ANYMORE,I DON'T KNOW BUT I REALLY WOULD LIKE TO FIX THE PROBLEM.
Are you talking about the engine wiring harness? They still make them. I have no idea what you really talking about so please give a detail explanation?

One more thing, quit typing in capital letters because it considered shouting on any board and in bad taste.

·
Registered
42 Posts
If it's the wires leading to the coil packs you should be able to cut the bad section out and solder in some new wires. If it is a wire that causing the problem it should be able to be fixed.

If it is a bad wire and you have an idea of it's location you maybe able to find out exactly which on it is by wiggling wires when the car is idling and listening for the car to stumble.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not sure but maybe thats it,I can be driving then all of a sudden the car boggs down like I am running out of gas,is that one of the problems that these cars had?

·
Registered
215 Posts
what wire was the mechanic talking about. i work at nissan and most of the harnesses are still available

1 - 8 of 8 Posts