Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got a new pioneer head unit and i dont want to take it anywhere to be installed due to an absence of money, that being said i need to figure out why the stereo doesnt fit with the mounting bracket pioneer supplied.....
is my 92 sentra xe a different din size?? whats goin on?? help....do i need to buy a different size bracket?
please help!
thanks

·
Registered
92 Posts
you won't use hte pioneer mounting brackets, take the brackets off the stock radio and scre them into the pioneer head unit and then screw them back int he dash the same way they were before. All your troubles will be over man.

Brent Meints

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alright so let me give you some background...the reason i am putting a new deck in my car is that my old pioneer one got stolen when my car was broken, the CULPRITS also thought i had subs so they checked the trunk, where i was temporarily storing the factory deck...and they took that too, so now at a loss for options what shall i do??
confused.
paul.

·
Registered
547 Posts
go to a Junkyard or even eBay (?) and just jack the mounting bracket from that. I know what you're talking about...so you're factory deck was in the trunk and they jacked that? and the newer headunit that got stolen had the original factory deck mounting brackets on it? yeah, looks like you're going to have to find some brackets, if you go to a junkyard, just take them unless they MAKE you buy them. I hope this helps...I think I know the corner you're in now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts