Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a '04 specv and just got a $12,000 sponsorship and was wondering wht ya'll would think the first few performance modifications should be.

·
Registered
34 Posts
ser_specv2004 said:
I own a '04 specv and just got a $12,000 sponsorship and was wondering wht ya'll would think the first few performance modifications should be.
it depends what you're into...performance, audio, show?
if it were me i'd drop money into a good suspension setup, full exhaust, intake, ecu, tires.

if you've done all the performance stuff i've listed.
- go for turbo & engine management
- go for seats and a roll cage
- a good a/v setup

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
If this "sponsership" was from who has been giving out "sponsherships" lately, you havent gotten a damn thing.

View my tuning guide which is a sticky on the QR engine section for what you can do performance wise.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
shock211 said:
it depends what you're into...performance, audio, show?
if it were me i'd drop money into a good suspension setup, full exhaust, intake, ecu, tires.

if you've done all the performance stuff i've listed.
- go for turbo & engine management
- go for seats and a roll cage
- a good a/v setup

I'm mainly looking for engine feedback, the audio is already taken care of with a rockford fosgate system that i have installed, and i already know what exterior modifications i'll be making(starting of with ballistix aero kit)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NickZac said:
If this "sponsership" was from who has been giving out "sponsherships" lately, you havent gotten a damn thing.

View my tuning guide which is a sticky on the QR engine section for what you can do performance wise.
my sponsorship is acually real....from SCP(Sport Compact Pro) go to www.getsponsored.net and try to get one yourself.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
NickZac said:

my sponsorship is actually real....from SCP(Sport Compact Pro) go to www.getsponsored.net and try to get one yourself.

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
that's not real.

you might want to research that company some.

essentially what you end up doing is paying $80 to them (sponsorships NEVER require you to pay) so that you can "buy" 10,000 worth of parts from them at supposedly discounted prices (which are actually msrp or higher than you'll find if you search the net some)

you get nothing free from it, certainly not $10,000.

Sponsorships are given to cars that have already had tons invested in them or offer immediate mass viewing such as race cars or high dollar show cars.

no company is going to sponsor an otherwise stock car or one with some mildly upgraded audio or bolt ons.

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
basically, nothing is free.

I have sponsors because I've already dumped thousands of dollars into my car, and it's in a magazine.......that's about the only reason. That and it's like one of the few, if not only currently turbo 1.8L Sentras in the US right now.

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
I just checked the company. You got ripped out of 80 bucks bro. Sorry. They give you "discounts" that are not discounted at all.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
chimmike said:
that's not real.

you might want to research that company some.

essentially what you end up doing is paying $80 to them (sponsorships NEVER require you to pay) so that you can "buy" 10,000 worth of parts from them at supposedly discounted prices (which are actually msrp or higher than you'll find if you search the net some)

you get nothing free from it, certainly not $10,000.

Sponsorships are given to cars that have already had tons invested in them or offer immediate mass viewing such as race cars or high dollar show cars.

no company is going to sponsor an otherwise stock car or one with some mildly upgraded audio or bolt ons.
I have researched the company, i keep in constant contact with them, and i paid nothing.

·