Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this board and have a few questions:

What is the best way to upgrade the performance of my Nissan? I am willing to spend a little money now and gradually more over time. Can the engine be re-built using preformance parts?

Does anyone know of any Chicago area shops that work alot wiht Sentras?

I want to add some nice rims but stay the same size - any suggestions?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Hi, and welcome to the board. First of all, I'd advise you to look through this page. sentra.net - Kojima You'll learn alot there, as most of us have. As far as the rims, if you have 13"s, you'll have some trouble finding good looking wheels. Besides, you'll probably feel like going bigger later...I did.
Bottom line is, read up, and learn from other's experiences. :)

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What size rims did you go with? Also, is there much modification needed to upgrade the size?

Thanks!

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, andre is right....read all the articles at sentra.net, they have a lot of useful information, reviews on products and almost anything u want to know about sentras.....as far as hooking up your ride, you can either go with looks first, then performance or the other way around or both, first thing u should get is a CAI by hotshot.....and 13" rims suck by the way,might want to consider 16" or 17's

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I think I am going with the comestic upgrades first with the exception of updgrading the exhaust (most likely Ravin). If I upgrade the rims to 16 or 17", will the wheels actually stick outside of the wheel well?

Thanks!

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no, the wheels wont stick out... but if u get 17's its almost mandatory to get it lowered at the same time or really soon, when i put mine on, it looked like it was an off-road sentra. but with a 2 inch drop and a body kit, i'tll look hot...the bad thing about going with cosmetics over performance first is that you'll get called out a lot on the streets and your car would be all show and no go.....which a lot of people would consider you being a rice boy...but dont worry about that, its your ride and your style....

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
About how much would it cost to have it dropped two inches?

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well, i drive a 96 sentra and i have Goldline lowering springs 2 inch drop, made by the same guy that came up with the eibach springs......they were 140$

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the only thing i dont like about the goldline springs is that they are yellow, but with the rims i have, you can see the springs in the back.....make it looks like i got some high performance ish.... IM on AIM to learn more cuz this is my specialty...:D

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Actually, if I get similiar rims, the yellow color showing through would be good for me. My Sentra is silver and I am using yellow accents to customize it to some degree. My CD player is yellow of all colors but it actually adds a lot of uniqueness to the car. So the exterior and interior now iwll have some color similarities. It appears that lowering the car is relatively easy and cheap. I may just have the same shop that installs the wheels lower the car. What other tips or advise do you have. I am adding clear corners to the front, better headlamps, clear out tail lights, and very slighlty tinting the windows. I will also upgrade the exhaust and maybe add a CAI. The CAI seems to be easy to install. The next step will be a better paint job.

Feel free to email me at [email protected]. I would AIM but I have to install it. Typically, I used IM through MSN. You know Bill hates AOL! Plus I have been online for like 4 hours and I am tired.

Thanks for all you advice so far!!!

·
Doodeee doodee doodee doo
1,495 Posts
dude, get 15s or 16s, I like the showy 17s, too, but two of the guys in our group got 17s, had em' on for show for about 3-6 months each, and basically just gave them up... really PO'ed by the performance drawbacks. I guess it won't matter if you live in the flattest part of the world and you don't really care about going fast, but it's a lot of aggravation to put wheels so big on such a small car... besides, i've seen some pretty fly wheels that weren't chariot size!

P.S. - don't suffer for your art! ;)

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I agree with most of whats here...dont go for 17"s unless you're gonna show. Best bet is 15 or 16. As far as lowering your car goes....lower looks better, but a 2" drop is really alot for daily driving. Personally, I'm going with 1.4" Eibachs, much like many other people. Furthermore, you'll get a heck of a bumpy ride with 17"s and a 2" drop. ;)

·
Boost anyone?
1,625 Posts
nissanracer805 said:
well, i drive a 96 sentra and i have Goldline lowering springs 2 inch drop, made by the same guy that came up with the eibach springs......they were 140$
I was wondering what was the spring rate on those?? I hear a lot about them but just curious.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
they are good springs, especially for the price.......

·
Registered
326 Posts
m2

thats what i want to know, are they stiff or soft, are they better than dropzones or stiffer in rate? i dont know which ones i should get

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Yeah... I just bought my B13 on Wednesday (11/06/02) and it looks horrible with the tire gap... I wish I could move the suspension from my Corolla over to my Sentra, but no such luck... :(

·
Nissan Fetish
150 Posts
I want to lower my car.

I want to lower my car. I know its my car, but people keep telling me not to lower it because i dont have rims and it would look weird(that i dont care for to much). Then alot of people are telling me not to get coilovers for 2 reasons, 1:they have a crapy ride(coming from a kid with apc coilovers) 2:I would probly never adjust my ride hieght and that lowering springs are cheaper. I know its up to me and they have no say on what I should do. So I really only agree with the part I would probly never adjust my ride hieght and that springs are cheaper. So I decided to go with some lowering springs. I have been looking at prices but i dont know what is a good height and spring rates are. All i want is to get rid of wheel gap and i dont want to be bottoming out after ever little bump i go over. So what is a good setup to get?

·
NF's Offical Post Whore
1,972 Posts
well if your running on stock 13's (like me) you shouldnt lower it yet (like i did 2") you'll hit around turns. I had to take my springs off and I'm still looking for some rims but I'm broke. Anyway I would get a little bigger wheels first or maybe you can just get the 1.2 inch drop but I forget who offers those. -James

·
Nissan Freak
462 Posts
well if u r in chicago
my friend is sellin barely used eibach sportline springs with 1.9" drop and KYB AGX adjustable shocks
email me if u r interested
he is from naperville

1 - 20 of 21 Posts